Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
1. Master’s Degree From a recognized Institution by The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
2. Specialist Recognition Certificate From The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
3. Diploma/Fellowship in Critical Care Is Desirable.
4. Three years’ Experience in Critical Care Management in a Hospital Setting.
5. Pediatrics resuscitation skills
6. Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
7. An Analytical, Problem-Solving, and Creative Work Approach.
1. Review all new hospital patients admitted to PCCU, discuss treatment plans with other members of the care team.
2. Oversee Response to emergencies by the PCCU team.
3. Undertake research using patient data of any kind as may be deemed relevant for academic or quality improvement purposes PCCU including but not limited to mortality/morbidity patterns
4. Prepare Mortality and Morbidity summaries and present the same to mortality meetings as and when allocated.
5. Take up clinical leadership responsibilities in one’s unit as assigned or advised by the Chief Paediatrician.
6. Take the lead in formulating clinical protocols within one’s unit and the hospital at large and oversee the implementation of the same as part of quality improvement at all clinical service levels.