The main purpose of this role is to oversee, coordinate and direct all daily housekeeping operations in the clubhouse, including offices, changing rooms, staff amenities and other club facilities, and to ensure such facilities are always in pristine condition.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 6 years
About the Club
Muthaiga Golf Club, proudly called the Home of Golf by its elite membership, is in many ways the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-Hole Championship Golf Course.
The Club has been renown as one of the most prestigious and challenging courses in the region. The force behind this renaissance is an extensive course reconstruction by the celebrated South African course designer Peter Matkovich, which in 2002 returned Muthaiga to its prominence as the finest course with the fastest greens in East Africa.
The Club acknowledges that to enhance the quality of services to its members, it must invest in its staff. We are proud to have a team of motivated work force committed to providing service excellence in the course of duty. Our Team goes an extra mile to ensure that both members and guests experience premier services.
The Club has sound employment policies that govern employees in their work environment, ensuring we remain competitive in the market. It is on this premise that the club seeks to fill the role of Housekeeper.
The successful candidate will provide leadership ensuring the club is always in pristine condition including managing housekeeping supplies and equipment inventory, outsourced cleaning providers and waste management in accordance with the Club policies, procedures and standards established.
Key Measures of Performance
- Standards of club cleanliness
- General Housekeeping cost control/management
- Adherence to Housekeeping Safety rules, regulations and SOPs.
- Timely Housekeeping reports and/or communication to relevant stakeholders
- Staff management
- Laundry management
- Planning and organizing cleaning schedules to ensure the overall cleanliness and tidiness of the club's interior areas, including clubhouse, dining facilities, terraces, gym and spa, stores, meeting rooms, washrooms (including No.5 washrooms), staff canteen and all changing rooms to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures, and surfaces to maintain a pristine appearance.
- Collaborate with the General Manger and other department heads to ensure high quality, seamless and well-coordinated cleaning operations.
- Coordinate with other departments, such as maintenance and front-of-house staff, to ensure a seamless and well-coordinated operation.
- Supervising and managing both internal and external outsourced housekeeping staff.
Health and Safety Implementation:
- Overseeing the implementation and adherence to health and safety protocols, including regular inspections, hazard identification and reporting for quick action by the maintenance team
- Regularly inspect and clean all club areas, staff quarters including scheduling for fumigation call outs to curb mosquitoes and other pests.
- Implementing sustainable and eco-friendly cleaning practices and initiatives in line with the club’s environmental policies.
- Ensure that all amenities and supplies are replenished in washrooms, changing rooms and other common spaces and their utilization are within the monthly budgets.
- In liaison with Procurement office, advise on cost effective supplies without compromising on quality.
- Responsible for the development and management of the Housekeeping annual budgets
- Oversee the laundering of linens, towels, and other fabric items used in the clubhouse, ensuring they are cleaned, ironed and properly stored.
- Keep track of cleaning supplies and inform the procurement team when reordering is necessary.
- Manage inventory efficiently to prevent shortages or excesses.
- Provide leadership in the planning and cleaning during club events, ensuring that event spaces are immaculate before, during, and after the events.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when interacting with club members.
- Address member requests and concerns promptly and effectively.
Attention to Detail:
- Pay meticulous attention to details in cleaning and organizing to meet the high standards expected in a members-only club.
Training and Development:
- Stay updated on cleaning techniques, products, and industry best practices through ongoing training and development.
- Conducting regular internal training and development for housekeeping staff to ensure high quality performance and service delivery.
- Recommend external trainings for self and housekeeping team to upskill for high standards of service delivery
- Provide suggestions for improvement in housekeeping processes to enhance efficiency and member satisfaction.
- Properly dispose of waste and recyclables according to the club's waste management policies.
- Liaise with the outsourced service provider on waste management call ups and extra pick-ups during club events
Adherence to Club Policies and by-laws:
- Follow all club policies, by-laws and procedures related to housekeeping and always maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Management and Leadership skills
- Results oriented.
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to multitask and adopt to change within a short time
- Have good business acumen and especially in financial management and controls
- Organized, accurate and reliable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Team player
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel/Tourism/Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales will be an added advantage
- Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
- At least 6 years cumulative working experience in the hospitality industry, with at least four (4) years as a Housekeeper in a 4/5 star hotel/club.
- Experience working in a members only golf club will be an added advantage, but not a must have.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send in their applications on or before Friday 9th February, 2024 at 5:00pm.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.