1. Maintaining an
efficient filing system of employee records and contact database.
2. Drafting routine correspondence and initiating process for the preparation of all staff support documentation. (Salary adjustments, bank introduction letters, internal memos, promotion and transfer letters).
3. Updating incoming and outgoing of personal files into the system.
4. Properly indexing, classifying and tracking personal files for easy retrieval.
5. Maintaining daily staff attendance and taking corrective action to ensure minimal interruption of services.
6. Identify and coordinate training and development opportunities, organize staff trainings including NITA reimbursement, workshops and activities and co-ordinate external training sessions including evaluating training effectiveness.
7. Manage/develop welfare and wellness programs and practices including employee health and safety in line with OSHA, welfare committee activities, Pension schemes, Employee Sacco, Personal insurance covers among others.
8. Secretary of the various factory committees. Coordinate activities of the committees, prepare and file minutes.
9. Recruitment- Short listing, interviews, induction, placement and maintenance of employee files.
10. Preparation of Payroll data; overtimes, arrears, new hires
11. Facilitating preparation of staff IDs tags & issuance of uniforms to all employees.
12. Assist with the provision of reporting requirements for the unit including recruitment records, turnover, training, exit data and staff surveys among others.
13. Auditing of employees files to ensure all necessary documents are intact and licenses where applicable are up-to-date (renewed).
14. Performing other duties as assigned by management.
• A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
• Diploma/ Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
• Total 5-year HR practice experience with 2 years relevant experience in the manufacturing sector
• Excellence interpersonal skills ,with a strong ability to resolve disputes
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of legal and operational aspects of personnel administration and labor relations
• Good at problem solving ;able to find creative and pragmatic solutions
• Ability to be responsive and to prioritize tasks in line with the changing needs of the organization
• Proficient with MS Word and Excel, as well as with HR Software.