Reporting To: IT Manager
Direct reports: IT Manager
This role maintains the computer networks of all types of organisations, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problemsin-house and for customers and partners.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
• Providing technical support across the organization
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
• Testing new technology
• Training customer service associates on technical issues
Day to day activities:
• Installation & configuration of a company’s computer hardware operating systems and applications.
• Setting up accounts for new users
• Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
• Logging the queries of customers and employees.
• Analysis of call logs in order to discover any underlying issues or trends.
• Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
• Testing and evaluating new technology.
• Performing electrical safety checks on the company’s computer equipment.
• Responding to call-outs in a timely fashion.
• Following instructions, either written or in diagram form, in order to set up a system or fix a fault.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Computing or Engineering or Management Information Systems (MIS)
• 6 Years experience in IT Support
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. A technical, logical thought process. Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
2. Problem-solving skills
3. An ability to stick to strict deadlines
4. An ability to prioritise and delegate
5. A keen eye for detail
Background / Experience:
• Experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role for 4 years.
• Proficiency in Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco is advantageous.
• Prior experience Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
• Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
• Projects implementation hands on experience