Oyana School is seeking a dynamic and engaging classroom teacher to join our primary school program. Applicants should be exemplary classroom leaders, communicators, and collaborators with the drive to inspire children to a lifelong love of learning.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Reporting to the Directors, your responsibilities as Upper Primary Teacher include:
- Provides a balance between child‐initiated and teacher‐initiated activities.
- Implements the school’s chosen curricula and activities to meet academic standards and individual learning goals of students.
- Provides developmentally appropriate and integrated lesson plans that meets the needs of individual children.
- Plans and implements culturally diverse experiences that support families.
- Maintains and turns in written curriculum plans to Director’s.
- Eats meals with children and assists in development of good nutrition habits and socialization skills.
- Participating in collaborative curriculum development, school-wide functions, events, and trips.
- Is accountable for students’ mastery of academic concepts/skills.
- Assists children in establishing good habits of toileting and personal hygiene.
- Assesses children’s needs and developmental progress on an on‐going basis.
- Involves classroom team in formal observations and assessments.
- Uses assessment data to inform instructional practices and plan curricula.
- Meets with individual parents as required on matters involving child or School policies.
- Designs and implements assessments that measure progress towards academic learning goals.
- Assists in planning and attending special programs and activities related to the school.
- Attends and engages in staff and parent meetings, including Parent/Teacher conferences.
- Attends and engages in ongoing professional development to improve personal and professional skills.
- Attends mandatory school events and staff meetings.
- Keeps current with all credentials and degrees in accordance with all accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Uses and promotes positive guidance techniques.
- Communicates with children on their developmental level.
- Establishes routines with smooth transition periods.
- Encourages children to be independent.
- Designs appropriate room arrangement to support goals of the program.
- Maintains a safe & healthy environment and notifies the administration of maintenance issues.
- Maintains classroom inventory and assists in the purchase of equipment and supplies in accordance with classroom budget.
- Providing consistent rewards/consequences for student behavior.
- Ensures student work is neatly organized and displayed in a respectful and engaging way in the classroom.
Oyana School is a small community-based school in Loresho that is growing from a kindergarten into a full primary school. Oyana’s innovative program focuses on developing foundational social and academic skills, creative problem-solving, and community-building. We are dedicated to providing individualized, differentiated education that meets every child’s needs for physical, mental, social, and emotional development. Our non-traditional classrooms feature age integration, bilingual (English and Kiswahili) instruction, and a focus on an adaptable, inclusive, and primarily outdoor learning environment. We provide employee benefits including health insurance, daily lunch and a variety of professional development opportunities.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured