The Learning and Development Specialist/Training Coordinator role will lead and optimize training and instructional content initiatives, oversee cross-team coordination efforts and collect and analyze performance data to maximize impact and ensure learnings documentation for continuous improvement.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Sector: E-commerce and digital marketing
General Summary and Background
BrighterMonday Kenya is Kenya’s leading online job-matching platform and career services company established with the aim of digitizing Human Resource services and transforming job matching in Kenya. We use a bespoke mix of human and automated solutions to match employers with the best candidates, so they can hire the right fit faster. Currently, the firm has a database of over 1,200,000 professionals and 29,000 employers, successfully using the platform to get access to the right opportunities.
BrighterMonday Kenya has built capacity in development partnerships and successful implementation of impact projects. The company aims to apply seasoned expertise in the job market and skills development to deliver projects focusing on extensive and sustainable socio-economic impact especially amongst the youth and women. We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented Learning and Development Specialist/Training Coordinator to help us plan, organize, and track training activities with a high focus on e-commerce development and digital marketing.The role will support and manage implementation of training activities geared towards enhancing youth employment and improving digital marketing for start-ups and small businesses. All projects are designed to equip the youth to leverage opportunities for economic benefits within their respective industries.
The Learning and Development Specialist/Training Coordinator role will lead and optimize training and instructional content initiatives, oversee cross-team coordination efforts and collect and analyze performance data to maximize impact and ensure learnings documentation for continuous improvement. The specialist will work with project implementation teams and management to design and manage all aspects of internal and external training activities. S/he will identify learning and development needs (L&D)/training needs, design, create and deliver training solutions as well as oversee, monitor and evaluate all L&D interventions. The ideal candidate will have a combination of training, consulting, facilitation, supporting and leading change, influencing, and project management skills and experience preferably in e-commerce and digital marketing for SMEs.
S/he will contribute to the development of training needs assessments, skills gap analyses and any other related surveys including pre-training and post-training assessment of target trainees as required. The specialist will be responsible for driving curriculum development for respective initiatives and ensuring effective delivery of the curriculum during trainings.
Africa’s solution to bridging the talent gap.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Learning and Development Specialist/Training Coordinator include but are not limited to:-
Reporting to Project Leads
What You'll be doing
• Lead in development of an L&D strategy that ensures quality delivery and factors in all broad range of learning solutions including digital/e-learning, virtual and instructor-led environments
• Design, coordinate and evaluate all training-related activities and identify need for external consultants and trainers where required and their coordination. Provide real-time support to team members who are conducting or participating in on-site and off-site training.
• Undertake and guide research for, and design, create and deliver training curricula for all training initiatives. Ensure that training material and approaches are inclusive to cater for trainees/beneficiaries with special needs such as hearing and visual impairment, etc
• Develop or supervise creation of training, development, and assessment tools to be used in e-commerce development, digital marketing and other learning areas as may be necessary;
• Collaboratively develop, implement and monitor training work plans in conjunction with implementers and other project teams. Maintain an online training calendar for all scheduled training and other L&D related events while communicating to the line manager and other stakeholders whenever changes occur.
• Monitor and evaluate training sessions to ensure the highest quality for participants. Develop and drive relevant metrics that produce useful insights to guide training strategies and measure impact of the training activities; Record, collate and retain training management information to demonstrate progress against key performance indicators, as well as project goals and objectives
• Manage L&D budgets and ensure training activities are delivered within acceptable budget thresholds, and in compliance with laid down requirements
• Support in selection, design, development and management of the Learning Management System (LMS) and e-learning platforms for the projects. Manage training enrolment, attendance and completion using the LMS or other designated learning medium.
• Assist the Marketing and Communications team in designing creative marketing material and communications, to promote planned training, the LMS or other learning opportunities in a timely manner.
• Identify and make recommendations to improve project work processes as applicable. Support project management team in thought leadership by providing relevant advice and feedback
• Provide support as required to the administration of all project work and any other duties as might be assigned
• Bachelor's degree in any related field to education, skills development, capacity building, e-commerce, digital marketing, SME development etc; an MBA or related Master’s degree is a plus
• Professionals with learning and development or training management certifications , highly preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience as an L&D specialist with demonstrated expertise in coordinating hybrid (offline and online) trainings. Experience in soft skills and digital marketing training initiatives will be highly rated.
• Demonstrated skills in design, delivery and evaluation of training programs with experience working with online applications like Zoom, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams etc, e-learning platforms and LMS management.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills with ability to train in both formal and informal settings. Coaching skills are desirable
• Excellent project management and personal effectiveness skills with ability to manage multiple consecutive trainings at once and deliver high time constraints/deadlines
• Proactive and possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion. Naturally curious, love learning new things, and sharing knowledge with others.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in English and ability to professionally communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail (excellent proofreading and editing skills).
• Strong team work and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills with ability to work across various teams, willingness to listen, respect for diversity, demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured