Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An Officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
i) Preparing livestock technical information
ii) Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, agriculture, and ranching; promoting economic livestock farming
iii) Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits
iv) Participating in collaborative research activities
v) Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation
vi) Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, agriculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions
vii) Capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, candidates must have:-
i) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution;
ii) Certificate in computer applications.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.