Market Insight Manager at Angaza
Marketing & Communications
At least 5 years experience in a similar role or in strategy, product marketing, research and/or business support.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
The market insights manager will primarily focus on using insights drawn from research and data analysis to provide strategic guidance and direction that will influence commercial decision making on what to sell (product offerings), where to sell (market segmentation and penetration) and who to sell to (customer segmentation). Based in Kenya, this role will own the on-the-ground research and customer needs assessment functions, and collaborate with multiple departments including sales, CX, product, etc to plan, execute, analyze & report the findings and eventually propose strategies that are commercially viable, customer centric and deliver competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate is commercially minded, willing to spend time in the field and can translate hard data and insights into actionable strategies to achieve overall business objectives.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all on-the-ground research (including research planning, questionnaire design, fieldwork monitoring, analysis & reporting) as informed by business needs.
- Elevate the voice of the customer within the organization by developing an in-depth knowledge of the customer, product segments and overall market landscape.
- Work closely with sales and CX to develop customer personas and support in the creation of creative & compelling messaging that clearly articulates and reinforces Angaza’s unique value proposition and differentiators.
- Manage the relationship with local research agencies to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Research, monitor and collate competitor activity to develop both an ongoing view of threats and opportunities as well as to inform specific proposition development and go-to-market strategies.
- Support market entry and penetration efforts through market sizing research, competitive landscape and industry report sourcing to understand market dynamics and determine overall viability.
Requirements Filtering & Data Analysis
- Analyze requirements gathered from multiple sources and filter them to guide on the most impactful actions to take by various segments of the business.
- Act as the bridge between Business Intelligence and the commercial team (sales & marketing) to develop dashboards, reports and other performance data related solutions that influence marketing decision making.
- Support monthly, quarterly, annual planning activities of the commercial team with relevant and timely reports, analysis and insights.
- Work closely with the business intelligence team to track performance of customer campaigns and/or promotions initiated by the commercial team.
- Create and maintain a repository of relevant customer and market insights to be shared across the organization.
- Support the planning and execution of the monthly market insights meeting by gathering relevant information and preparing the presentation.
- Support marketing team in other activities & initiatives that may be assigned by the Director.
Required Skills & Experience (Must Have)
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role or in strategy, product marketing, research and/or business support.
- Excellent data packaging, written, verbal and presentation skills - fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Experience across a broad range of market research techniques and analytical techniques.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Ability to interpret business challenges and therefore identify market insight requirements.
- A deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the commercial agenda of the organization.
- Ability to utilize data to measure activity and extract key insights to iterate and refine initiatives.
- Analytical mindset, with a passion for deconstructing and reframing questions and an ability to distill disparate datasets into clear & meaningful recommendations.
- Ability to work independently in designing & managing research – both qualitative and quantitative.
- Strong collaborative abilities, problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to integrate intelligence sources and connect the dots to arrive at a recommendation.
- Previous experience working in the FMCG and/or consumer finance space is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, economics, statistics or related field.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured