The selected person will join the Education Department and will be responsible for teaching a diverse population of eager students in a transient educational environment.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The Math Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities.
Still I Rise runs education programs within our international school in Nairobi, which serve displaced and disadvantaged students aged 8-17 years.
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Math lessons for a diverse class of 10-15 year olds.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with Educational Manager
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the Educational Manager
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to contribute to the development of the academic curriculum, working independently and as a part of the team
- Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with Educational Manager
- Professional Development: Attend trainings and professional development meetings
- Excellent knowledge of the English language written and oral
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in teaching Math full time
- Residence in Nairobi or in the surrounding areas
- TSC number
- CV in English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Experience teaching children and teenagers
- Experience working for an international NGO
How to apply
Send your CV, TSC number and cover letter.