Duties and Responsibilities for the Audit Committee:
- Evaluating whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk management in the Assembly.
- Evaluating the adequacy of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance that the systems of internal Performing an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Assembly performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
- Evaluating the quality of the internal audit function, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Engaging with external audit and assessing the adequacy of management response to issues identified by audit.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of how the Assembly monitors compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes
Requirements and Competencies
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: –Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK, LSK, IEK, KISM;
- At least five(5) years professional experience in any of the following fields: – Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization;
- Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Procurement, Law and other related fields;
- Have a good understanding of Government operations and financial management system; and
- Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills. Terms and Conditions of Service
- Member of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of three years on part-time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further one term only.
- Member of the Audit committee shall be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and renumeration Commission
- A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of Audit Committee if the persons: –
a) Is present or past employee of the County Government of Kiambu
b) Have served as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out business with County Government of Kiambu for the last two years;
- Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, two colour passports size photographs and other relevant supporting documents.
- In addition, interested applicants should submit certificates of clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission, Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Revenue Authority and Certificate of Good Conduct as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Application should clearly indicate the position applied for in the envelope and reference line and be addressed to
The Clerk County Assembly of Kiambu
P.O. Box 1492-00900
The applications should be sent or hand delivered to the office of Clerk at County Assembly of Kiambu Buildings so as to reach the office on or before Monday, 10th August 2020 at 5:00pm: