1. Responsible for contacting the customs and relevant management departments to make sure the importation & exportation of machines and parts runs smoothly.
2. Proactively liaise with relevant customs and clearing agents to ensure no time or money is wasted as a result of delays.
3. Responsible for the office daily managing and the related administrative activities.
4. Responsible for the Human resources managing.
5. Complete the other tasks assigned by the superiors.
6. Proper documentation and filing
7. Write reports on occurrences in the course of duty
8. Liaise and follow up with Marine Insurance entities to ensure compensation for goods damaged in cases where the company has insured goods.
9. Plan and efficiently execute transport and logistics for goods cleared
10. Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Desired skills and experience.
1. University degree or above in business related field
2. Proficiency in English reading and writing, Chinese preferred.
3. More than 3 years of customs clearance work experience.
4. Familiar with Kenya customs department and customs clearance process, with the HR laws and with the tax department preferred.
5. Should have a strong sense of service and legal awareness.
6. Professional body Membership preferred.
7. Driving License is an added advantage