Our Company is a technology venture founded in 2011 that partners
with utilities and independent power producers to provide access to
productive, affordable and reliable mini-grid electricity for millions
of rural homes and businesses around the globe.
The company seeks to fill the vacant position of Poultry Programme Manager to be based in Kisii County.
Line Reporting: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Department / Location: Business Development: Kisii
Salary: K.Shs. 250,000
1. Programme Management - Poultry
(i) Manages the programme plan for the poultry business updating regularly to ensure real time analysis and mitigating against programme shortfalls.
(ii) Manages the programme budget whilst endeavoring to reduce costs and maximises profits across the board.
(iii) Establishes, develops and maintains strong relationships with suppliers of materials and equipment, at all times ensuring the highest quality of product for the most economical cost.
(iv) Works with the sales manager to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with customers to ensure sales consistency and profit maximisation.
(v) Writes a monthly programme report in conjunction with monthly budgets to reconcile programme progress
(vi) Manages the poultry programme staff on a day to day basis, ensuring work commitments are met in line with both the programme and business objectives and KPIs.
2. Health and Safety
(i) Ensures that the team complies with the Health and Safety guidelines and follows good housekeeping rules
(ii) Ensures that the workstation and that of the team members are set up correctly for my individual and team requirements respectively.
(iii) Ensures that the working area and that of the team members are free from slip and trip hazards.
(iv) Attends all HSE training requested by management
(v) Creates health and safety awareness to all direct reports
3. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the management.
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Process working
• Knowledge about and understanding of trends and challenges for the industry
• Business administration competence and Project Management skills: Contract Management , Cost Control, Risk Management, tasks management, team management, critical thinking, quality control etc
• Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
• Exceptional people handling skills and a Team Player
• Overall understanding of business processes and interdependencies
• Knowledge of business processes
• Business ethics
• Communication Proficiency
Skills & Competencies
• Demonstrated effective independent organizational skills
• Good written, verbal communications & Strong interpersonal skills
• Sound documentation, presentation and reporting skills
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to multitask
• Negotiation management skills
• Strategic Thinking & Technical understanding
• Risk management and Change management
• Customer focus & Stakeholder management
• Knowledge and analysis of financial statements scrutiny
• Extremely self-motivated, confident, creative, disciplined with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Educational /Professional background / Work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any business related field with qualification/experience in agribusiness and/or chicken raising.
• Master’s Degree in Programme Management is an added advantage
• 5 years of demonstrated experience in agribusiness and/or Poultry rearing with two (2) years’ in management role.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
• Program Management Professional (PgMP)® highly desirable
• Driving experience and Possession of a valid driving license is a must.
• Excellent computer skills- Microsoft Office package especially Excel
• Proficient in productivity tools: Google Apps, Asana, Slack
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter and updated CV indication their availability period, current and expected salary.