The successful candidate must have at least 5+ years’ experience as a data centre or similar construction project manager. He/she will support growth by coordinating with various teams including engineering, construction, commissioning, network and operations to bring our ideas from paper to building and ultimately to the commission.
• Working on massive construction projects.
• Bringing innovative design and technology insights to life.
• Collaborate and balance between cross-functional priorities through multiple phases of projects.
• Involved in all aspects of development for some of the most innovative and energy efficient data centres in the world.
• Supporting growth by coordinating with various teams including engineering, construction, commissioning, network and operations to bring our ideas from paper to building & ultimately to the commission.
• Must have a bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
• Must have at least 5+ years’ experience as a data centre (or similar) construction project manager.
• Deep knowledge of the construction industry/market, design process, and construction practices.
• Strong background in data centre/commercial/industrial construction to include mechanical, electrical, process piping, plumbing building systems, tenant improvement, site work and ground up construction.
• Skilled in reading design and construction drawings for all disciplines.
• Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyse Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
• Experience with greenfield sites and associated entitlements.
• Experience with utility infrastructure, including construction and coordination of local utilities to site.
• Experience with the fast-track design build construction model.
• Solid knowledge of data centre facilities and their operation.
• Lead multiple projects including equipment upgrades and modifications within live data centre production environments in parallel with new construction efforts.
• Excellent planning, analytical, organization and problem-solving skills.
• Work independently and as a team member to drive projects to their objectives/goals.
• Ability to gracefully adjust to meet changing circumstances such as reassignment of project priority, implementation of design enhancements/upgrades, and customer needs.
• Ability to provide useful input on design and constructability.
• Fluent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to establish and maintain close working relationships with management, colleagues, team members, internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to consistently travel between different project sites across Kenya/ Africa as required.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open remuneration depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Executive level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 7th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***