Who are we?
Dry Associates Investment Bank is a beacon of stability in the investment industry, fueled by years of experience and a wealth of knowledge. We have developed expertise in Corporate Finance and Private Wealth Management, taking pride in our role of pioneering debt capital raising in Kenya.
We have come a long way since1994, and the journey only gets better. We are a family, we grow our clients, our business and most of all, we grow our team. We are hoping you will grow with us too!
The Research Analyst is responsible for developing the research required to support the Company’s investment products. This requires working with all departments at Dry Associates and select corporate clients to provide the documentation to support the successful roll out and
sustainability of financial products as well as meeting continuing regulatory reporting requirements.
The Research Analyst shall report to the General Manager.
The duties of the Research Analyst are varied, but the following are key areas of concentration:
• Documentation of Fixed Income Securities Products (Due Diligence)
o The Company prepares an Information Memorandum for each Issuer of Commercial Paper (CP). The Research Analyst shall prepare this document in conjunction with the Issuer. In addition, the Research Analyst will prepare annual updates of this
document if the Issuer remains a client.
o The Research Analyst shall prepare and update at least semi-annually a tear sheet for each Issuer recapping key information regarding the Issuer and the program.
o The Research Analyst shall ensure that each CP program has a current and up-to-date Agreement Letter with authorized signatories and operating procedures.
o The Research Analyst shall review and update all marketing material such as Power Point slides and literature supporting issuance of fixed income securities so that they are current and being used by the sales staff.
o The Research Analyst shall ensure that the Acknowledgement Letter identifying the special risks associated with investing in CP are signed by every CP investor and properly filed.
o The Research Analyst shall work with lawyers, accountants, and other parties to the transaction when preparing an Information Memorandum for a bond issuance.
• Unit Trusts
o The Research Analyst shall update the Information Memorandum supporting the Company’s unit trust offerings to the public.
o Update the marketing materials supporting the unit trusts.
o Ensure that the Pension Fund department’s marketing materials are updated periodically and provide a useful tool to the sales staff.
o Work with the Investment Committee members to develop and update a quarterly Recommended List of equities for purchase on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
• Offshore Investments
o Review the literature distributed by Franklin Templeton to develop a Recommended List of funds for purchase by the Company’s investors.
• Private Equity
o Work with senior management in the roll-out of private equity services.
o Assist senior management in preparing any Listing Documentation supporting the listing of companies on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
o Assist in preparing certain sections of the quarterly newsletter.
o Work with the IT department to prepare the newsletter for distribution to clients.
o Work with the MD and the GM to ensure that their newsletter email distribution list is current.
The Research Analyst’s performance shall be evaluated on the following accountabilities:
1) Keeping documentation for the Company’s fixed income Issuers current and compliant
2) Helping develop the documentation to support the Company’s unit trusts
3) Ensuring that the sales staff understands pension funds as a marketable product
4) Keeping current with local equity and offshore product research
5) Assisting in the roll-out of private equity products.
6) Assisting with the content and assembly of the newsletter
7) Ensuring the Company’s online image is professional and informative
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, IT, management, administration, economics, or information science
• Two years’ experience in an applied research or data management environment; experience in IT, economics, business/systems analysis, quality assurance, or relevant position
• Able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases
• Able to perform statistical analysis
• Skilled knowledge in generating process documentation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV/Resume. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.