ARGADH GLASS PACKAGING KENYA SEEKS TO RECRUIT A SHIFT TEAM LEADER - MECHANICAL The role works on a regularly constituted shift pattern and is responsible for accomplishing project work, planned, preventive, and general maintenance services within the factory premises economically and timely through effective and up-to-date engineering practices, for quality glassware manufacture and continuous operations.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
• Carry out preventive maintenance to all plant equipment.
• Carry out major overhauls to printing machines, batch and furnace equipment and water and oil pumps and sectional overhauls of forming machines.
• Timely and economical availability of engineering services.
• Identifying non- stock items required and raising of preliminary purchasing requisitions.
• Issue permits to work both general and hot work and assess the quality of contracted works.
• Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to by all.
• Confirming correct items received in both quantity and quality.
• Ensuring that any other requirements of the Implemented Management Systems (FSMS, QMS, EMS, and OHSAS) are continually being met within the Engineering department on a shift basis.
• Ensure compliance with the Code Of Business Conduct (COBC) by those reporting to the role.
• Degree in Mechanical or Production engineering.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, manuals, and use of AutoCAD.
• Root cause analysis of problems and troubleshooting skills.
Three years experience in the engineering maintenance department in a busy continuous processing plant.
The role has direct reports from Maintenance Technicians and other third-party contractors.
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion. Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
What we offer:
• Opportunity to work in a multicultural environment
• Opportunities for career growth
• Competitive terms of engagement
1. The management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
2. AGPK reserves the right not to fill vacancies.
3. AGPK is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any nature during the recruitment and selection process and in general employment practices.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.