Play a key role in ensuring effective budget management at the area office through regular budget monitoring, support budget holders in their understanding and use of budget monitoring tools and holding monthly budget monitoring sessions.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders.
Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Support Coordinator – Kakuma, Kenya
Kenya nationals only
- Play a key role in ensuring effective budget management at the area office through regular budget monitoring, support budget holders in their understanding and use of budget monitoring tools and holding monthly budget monitoring sessions.
- Regularly sensitise procurement staff and others on the correct procedures to follow and check for any loopholes in the system in order to avoid conflict of interest in the procurement or recruitment process.
- Promote the use and support for local markets by working with programmes to promote market based approach across all CCs.
- Strengthen the existing system of managing fleet, warehousing, gensets and other assets by ensuring proper documentation procedures are adhered to with regards to use of logbooks for vehicles and gensets, receipt of stock, storage and dispatch from store to beneficiaries and updated asset register and use of handover forms for assets in the custody of individual staff
- Identify support costs drivers in the Area Office and implement cost-cutting and/or saving measures.
- Ensure heads of departments (Finance/Admin/Logistics/ICT) produce accurate and timely monthly reports for sharing with the CO.
- Play a lead role in the implementation of recommendations and action points arising from audits, investigations, assessments and evaluations carried out and for which action is required from the Area office.
- Finance: Finance manager on preparation and review of master budget and project budget, compliance issues and reporting obligations.
- Logistic/ICT: Logistic manager on procurement follow ups, clarification on issues around implementation/adaptation of SOPs in the area office and asset management.
- Admin/HR: HR Coordinator on matters around duty of care to staff and implementation of capacity building plan.
- Experience from working as a Finance or Compliance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong background in finance and compliance with a degree in finance
- Experience in managing or overseeing logistics functions especially procurement is an added advantage
- Knowledge of the context in Kakuma/Turkana County
- Knowledge of Swahili and the local Turkana language is an added advantage
- Experience in working with teams to combat fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, and other forms of gross misconduct in humanitarian settings
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured