Have solid technical background and commercial/sales experience (5 – 10 years)
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Reporting to: Business Unit Manager, Food and Nutrition
Type of Employment: Permanent
Brief on Client
Our client is a global leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients.
The client is looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join their Food and Nutrition business and develop their food portfolio in the East African region by promoting and selling products from leading Food and Nutrition Suppliers who rely on them to be their sales and marketing partner for SMEs (Small and Medium-sized Enterprises). The incumbent will handle all sales activities including identifying new business opportunities, growing existing business through product development and expanding customer base. They will also provide customers with technical advice on raw materials, processing and application formulations.
This role will be working alongside Product Managers, Application Technologists and Account Managers to initiate and convert new opportunities with existing and prospective customers.
1. Thorough Customer Needs Assessment
● Proactively plan for customer and sales visits and development of close relationships with the various decision makers.
● Maintain a comprehensive contact customer database with all key contact details and a thorough understanding of customer needs.
● Continuously update customers with current product portfolio and new product development plans and also prepare a detailed and actionable customer visit report.
2. Professional and efficient customer service
● Be the point of contact for customers in all aspects, queries, products, orders, deliveries, general accounts etc.
● Assist customers with price requests, certificate of analysis, technical data and material safety data sheets; and
● Resolve queries from customers in a timely manner and ensure prompt dispatch of sample materials and follow up with customers.
3. Market Intelligence and development
● Monitor market trends and competitor activities and the reporting thereof to the Commercial Manager.
● Maintain up-to-date market information, information on potential business opportunities/market as well as regular customer surveys.
● Discuss on a regular basis your BD strategy to grow business by adding new customers, expand product portfolio and increase market share with CM.
4. Supplier Visit Management
● Plan supplier visits and training seminars to ensure all key customer visits are made in a timely manner and at the clients’ convenience.
● Update the suppliers and CM on all the market activities and discus both opportunities and risks in the market.
5. Administrative duties
● Review monthly sales reports.
● Discuss sales information with the CM in terms of Current sales vs previous periods / financial periods; Current sales vs budget; Product sales analysis; Customer behaviour etc.
● Strictly adhere to reporting deadlines.
● Support the CM with general operations to help the team reach sales objectives.
● Communicate and coordinate closely all orders and important feedback from customers with the internal sales representatives.
● Obtain a general understanding of product ranges and stay up to date with new products and features; and
● Continuously communicate with Finance and Warehouse and logistics teams.
7. Ad hoc Tasks
● Execute any additional tasks not specifically listed above; and
● Work overtime as and when required.
● Be a dynamic self-starter with excellent communication skills
● Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline
● Have solid technical background and commercial/sales experience (5 – 10 years)
● Be IT literate
● Possess the ability to interface effectively with commercial and technical contacts from a range of companies
● Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and to prioritise accordingly
● Be a team player with a friendly manner
● Share the organization’s core values
● Commercial focus and acumen
● B2B, ingredient experience preferable
● Communication and follow up
● Organization and Prioritisation
● Teamwork and cooperation
● Drive to seek out new opportunities and convert them to sales
● Interpersonal skills
● Fluent English
● IT literacy
● Ability to work within a dynamic team
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.