He/she will be responsible for day-to-day operations in a demanding working environment while supporting the Managing Director in achieving the company’s vision. He/She Must have a minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience in a similar position.
• Administer and monitor the finance system so that the company’s finances are maintained in an accurate, timely and confidential manner and that cash-flow is effectively managed.
• Assist with preparation of the company budget and manage the operations within this budget.
• Implement financial policies and procedures as per the company handbook and ensure adherence, particularly in regard to petty cash.
• Prepare weekly, monthly or on demand financial reports to the Managing Director and assist in the preparation of the annual report.
• Assist with the annual financial audits.
• Supervise administrative services within the office.
• Maintain an up to date Asset Register.
• Manage the repair and maintenance of all equipment and ensure maintenance costs are included in annual budgeting.
• Ensure company items go out are in a good condition and are returned in the same.
• Ensure compliance with the legal requirements such as all employees having all the statutory documents.
• Ensure that the statutory deductions by the employer are done on a monthly basis and maintain records of these remittances.
• Maintain an efficient filing system for all employee records.
• Maintain the leave and sick leave management systems.
• Manage the performance management system.
• Handle grievances in accordance with the policy.
• Ensure that staff presents their daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on time on a weekly or monthly basis as required.
• Ensure compliance of safety of employees at all times as per health and safety legislation and company policy.
• Welcome customers and help them with selection of the products they require as needed
• Handle customer questions and assist as necessary.
• Assist with the preparation of floral arrangements when the production team needs support.
• Ensure the shop presentation and display is done to increase product attractiveness and visibility.
• Ensure customer feedback on web and social media platforms is documented.
• Ensure that clients receive their orders on time and within the set company timelines.
• Ensure clients are satisfied with products and services and welcome client feedback.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports using agreed Key Performance Indicators for presentation.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role preferred.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks strategies to make the business better and more profitable while being the employer of choice.
• A high level of integrity and commitment to the company.
• Able to provide vision and leadership and manage others.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Highly organized with good time management skills Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 35,000 – 40,000 /=(Approx. 350 – 400 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Education: Bachelors Degree / Diploma
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 21st May 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***