The field officer will be responsible in recruitment, and supporting the project target beneficiaries by implementing different interventions across the regions.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Equity Group Foundation (EGF) is a corporate foundation of Equity Group Holdings Plc. It was created in 2008 to undertake the social investment work of the Bank. It focuses on six critical thematic areas; Agriculture, Education & Leadership Development, Energy & Environment, Entrepreneurship, Financial Education & Inclusion, and Health. Equity Group Foundation (EGF) is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Agriculture Field Officers will act as an integral part of implementing FASRAT Project. The project aims at enhancing access to financial services by building financial education, entrepreneurship capacities of 60,000 farmers and 5,000 SMEs. The field officer will be responsible in recruitment, and supporting the project target beneficiaries by implementing different interventions across the regions. Location/County: Murang’a, Nyeri, Siaya, Laikipia, Embu, Nandi, Nakuru, Kiambu, Nyandarua, Baringo
- Conduct mobilization and sensitization forums for farmers, partners and value chain actors.
- Enroll the targeted beneficiaries into the project in accordance with the project set target and timelines
- Train the project beneficiaries in Financial Education, Agribusiness and Good Agriculture Practices as per their training gaps.
- Geo-map F&A clients for digital training, market information and loan access.
- Introduce the project beneficiaries to Equity Bank for them to learn and access relevant financial services based on their financial needs.
- Respond to farmer queries regarding agribusiness and financial services to enhance their knowledge in farm decision making.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports to Field Managers, Branch Manager and the project management as required.
- Organize, coordinate and execute project activities as per the project work plan and targets (e.g. field days, exchange visits, value chain actors’ collaboration meeting etc.)
- Represent Equity Group Foundation in agriculture to other Equity staff and local partners in the respective branches, counties and regions.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to collect quality project data as required in the all stages of project life.
A university degree agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics, Animal production/health, Range Management, Agro forestry, Agricultural Extension and Education, Horticulture, or any other agriculture related degree from a recognized University
- + 3 years of experience in executing agricultural programs with regional and national organizations
- Ability to evaluate challenges at the farm level and work to implement intervention to solve the challenges.
- Ability to achieve results from farmer trainings, grasp practical and theoretical knowledge of farm management.
- Have good understanding of farming dynamics from food security, house hold incomes, and agriculture commercialization point of view.
- Good knowledge on Equity’s financial products and services suitable for farmers and SMEs
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail with good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible to adjust to work schedules and priorities to meet deadlines, juggle multiple assignments and work in a dynamic environment
- Hardworking requiring minimum supervision and result oriented.
- Good social skills for initiating and managing relationships with project beneficiaries, partners and stakeholder.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured