Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
16. ASSISTANT LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (SEED): KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in collecting, preparing, managing and safely disposing samples and specimens;
• Participate in planning and evaluating laboratory services;
• Assist in carrying out analytical work;
• Assist in maintaining and preserving specimens and cultures;
• Recording experimental data;
• Keeping and maintaining laboratory records;
• Carry out basic maintenance of laboratory equipment;
• Clean laboratory apparatus, equipment working and working surfaces;
• Train and supervise students on attachment and staff in the unit;
• Carry out demonstrations for clients and visitors;
• Carrying out demonstrations of laboratory functions to clients/visitors; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C-” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification;
ii) Diploma in Applied Biology from a recognized institution;
iii) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage; and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.