Credit Analyst, Full Stack
Software & Data
Partner with Analytics and Engineering on building risk analytics capabilities
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Title: Credit Analyst, Full Stack
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The team’s mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, developing effective risk management strategies and capabilities, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. It also requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. Working with the Data Science and Engineering team to develop new underwriting models and risk management capabilities, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Merchant Pricing team to value different merchants, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are some parts of the role.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Analytics and Engineering on building risk analytics capabilities
- Develop robust life-time valuation infrastructure and capabilities
- Use advanced data analytics and critical thinking to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Own risk initiatives within new product formation and new market exploration
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change banking, payments and online marketing for the better
- 1-2 years work experience as a data analyst (consumer credit risk management strongly preferred)
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Extensive experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $121,000 – $175,500
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $108,900 – $157,900
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first.
Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage – Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets – generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off – competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP – An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured