Software & Data
Directly responsible to implement all elements of Total Rewards which includes compensation, benefits, wellness and recognition. Also, specifically promote the remote-first benefit of our environment.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Job Title: Data Specialist
Reports To: Manager of Data and Reporting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful,healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. GOTR is a physical activity-based positive youth development program that is designed to enhance girls’ social, psychological and physical skills and behaviors to successfully navigate life experiences. To learn more about our programs and impact, visit:https://www.girlsontherun.org/.
We believe that all girls and communities should have access to our programs.We warmly welcome the participation of any girl, non-binary, or gender expansive youth in our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
The Data Specialist will maintain, troubleshoot, and improve Girls on the Run’s analytical reports, datasets, and reporting processes. The Data Specialist also provides administrative support, technical help, and data stewardship for GOTR systems. To do well in this role you need a fine eye for detail, a passion for accuracy and consistency, strong fundamental Excel skills, and good technical communication skills.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain, update, analyze, and manipulate Excel reports.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance of data submitted by field councils.
- Identify and correct errors and inconsistencies in source data, reference data, report labels, and formulas.
- Work within multiple systems to collect and blend data for reports and analyses.
- Work collaboratively with HQ teams to understand ongoing reporting requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in operational data sets.
- Clean-up, simplify, and/or automate reporting processes to improve efficiency.
- Support initiatives to improve data governance and stewardship.
- Maintain data quality in systems by entering and updating data based on council, organizational, and operational changes.
Cross-Functional Tech Support
- Contribute content to the tech support knowledge base.
- Provide support for incoming help desk tickets from Girls on the Run headquarters and councils.
- Back up members of the tech & reporting team as needed in areas of tech support and system administration.
Every member of our staff community is expected to serve as a Girls on the Run role model,exhibiting ourcore valuesand working toforward the mission. We commit ourselves to actively developing and nurturing positive relationships across the organization – with staff, council members, donors, and board members.
*While this position is remote, Girls on the Run strives to provide our staff with opportunities for meaningful in-person connection throughout the year including staff gatherings, professional development opportunities and organization-wide conferences. Employees are always encouraged, and in occasional instances required, toparticipate in and contribute to these events.
Qualities and Qualifications
- Very proficient with basic Microsoft Excel formulas, data analysis, formatting, and troubleshooting
- Proactive and willing to continuously learn new skills and applications
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and dedication to accuracy
- Deliver results on both independent hands-on assignments and as part of a collaborative team
- Possess and demonstrate good technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong collaborator with humility and a teamwork focus
- Strong technical intuition with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Passion for making technology accessible and helping users of all skill levels
- Positive, upbeat, and embraces GOTR values
Experience with any of the following is a plus
- Office 365 SharePoint
- MS Power BI
- MS Forms
- Learning Management Systems
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- ZenDesk or other help desk applications
- Asana or other project management applications
- BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred
At Girls on the Run, we support and celebrate one another not only as coworkers, but as people. We proudly offer generous and flexible PTO, so that our staff can nurture their physical,mental and emotional wellbeing in ways that are personally meaningful to them. In addition, we provide staff with a comprehensive benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave and a 401K with an employer match. This is a remote, non-exempt, full-time position at40 hours per week, offering a compensation range of $23 – $26 per hour (totaling $47,840 – $52,000 annually) depending on experience.
We’re striving to shape a recruitment strategy that reflects our heart for inclusion and accessibility.We recognize (and appreciate!)theeffort you’re investing in this application processand so have decided not to require or accept cover letters. We look forward to learning about you through the interview process
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured