Deputy Security Manager
Mount Elgon Orchards Ltd
Health & Safety
The Deputy Security Manager’s responsibility is to work in liaison with the Security Manager to monitor the security situation in company, conduct risk assessment, enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound, honest and timely advice to the management on safety and security matters
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
The Deputy Security Manager’s responsibility is to work in liaison with the Security Manager to monitor the security situation in company, conduct risk assessment, enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound, honest and timely advice to the management on safety and security matters. The deputy Security manager is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of security and contingency planning in order to ensure the safety of all company staff and property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in liaison with the security manager in developing, implementing and reviewing of security policies, protocols, and procedure.
- Deputize the Post of Security Manager in his absence.
- Planning and implementing comprehensive security strategies geared towards ensuring the company premises is safe and its people are well protected and secured.
- Developing work schedules, allocating tasks, and monitoring personnel performance.
- Ensure regular audit checks and signs the supervisors’ occurrence book identifying matters that require attention and producing a summary report of them to the Security Manager.
- Closely monitors on a regular basis the progress of each supervisor in discharging his/her responsibility as a Reporting Officer by carrying out the year’s Staff Performance Appraisals
- Daily review of staffing levels ensuring compliance with manpower requirements of the assigned sites and maintain staffing report for locations in the company.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises;
- Controlling the security operations budget, monitoring expenses, and documenting processes.
- Gathering security intelligence and implementing preventative measures.
- Coordinating responses to emergencies and alarms, as well as compiling incident reports.
- Preparing surveillance equipment maintenance schedules and facilitating repairs in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and security industry regulations.
- Ensure collaboration with departmental managers to determine security and operational needs.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for management on the security status
- Patrolling premises regularly to maintain order and establish a presence.
- Monitoring and authorizing the entrance of vehicles or people in the company premises while maintaining an accurate record of company visitors.
- Oversee and ensure removal and keeping away wrongdoers or trespassers from the company premises
- Monitor national, social, and political, and security issues and inform management of issues that affect, or may affect, company business in order to evaluate current and future programming based on the current local security situation and adjust where needed.
- Training of current and new employees on security standards. Inspection of security personnel, measuring competency, appearance, and morale.
- Identify performance shortcomings of Site Supervisors and develop and implement process or program solutions to address shortcomings
- Work in liaison with other external security bodies including the police, and fire departments among others in cases of emergency, such as fire or the presence of unauthorized persons;
Requirements and skills
- Diploma/Certificate in Security Management
- Paramilitary training with disciplined forces
- At least 4 years experience in a similar role.
- Ladies are encouraged to apply/for gender balance
- Excellent managerial, supervisory, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Conversant and compliance with Private Security Regulations Act 2019
- In-depth knowledge of security procedures and surveillance equipment. (e.g. CCTV)
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Working knowledge of computer
Kindly highlight the expected salary
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured