The role holder will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of EMC IT & digital channels projects. IT projects relate to operations improvement and can be implemented through IT vendors or as Software-as-a-service (SAAS) model. Digital channel project relate to commercial project to distribute EMC products through digital channels (either Britam owned or in partnerships). He/she will be responsible to manage this project, manage various stakeholders and ensure timeline management.
- Capture the project ‘Business Requirements’ and to produce common Requirement Specifications & Use Cases to support the development and launch of innovative solutions and products for IT & digital channel projects
- Develop and execute project management plans for the above projects
- Conduct workshops with all BU Departments to ensure BU approval of all requirements specifications & use case material is achieved.
- Verify & approve all design solutions and test cases to ensure the business requirements have been met.
- Deliver improvements to the Business through standardising Requirement Specifications, Use Cases, Test Cases and synergy identification documents.
- Consolidate and harmonise business requirements for developments resulting in cross development synergies
- Provide Business Case input through financial details, prioritisation and representing Operating Companies’ needs gathered via high level workshops.
- Support and comply with all IT Processes and deliverables.
- Review and approve vendor test plans ensuring that the business requirement is met and tested.
- Delivery of budget approved IT & digital channels project
- Tracking of benefits for IT/Digital projects
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Professional qualifications in Systems development, Business Analysis, project management or IT architecture.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment.
- Business analysis skills - demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- In-depth knowledge of software development in a development organisation and processes (e.g. software development lifecycle)
- Good understanding of project management practices.
Technical and functional competencies
- Knowledge of business strategy and of business implications of IT/Service solutions roadmaps.
- Ability to interact with both business and technical teams and good skills in translation of business ideas/concepts into a clear scope document that the Technical teams can then execute on.
- Logical and physical data modelling, relational databases.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Significant and proven experience in creating enterprise architecture, methodologies and standards in large IT projects.
- Detailed knowledge of architectural frameworks and process models such as TOGAF,ACORD, TMF, Zachman Framework, eTOM and CobiT process model
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Leadership skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Effective business management skills