Global Data Protection Manager at Save the Children View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / Vi
Software & Data
Understanding of business process documentation, developing policies and defining best practices for data protection change and communications
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The Global DPM is also an active member of our small but busy data protection team (Data Protection Officer, Head of Data Protection Operations and Global DPM) working on DPIAs, supplier security assurance reviews, incident investigation, data protection compliance activities and other business as usual activities.
International travel is to be expected in the execution of the role and in the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular the GDPR, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide (essential)
- Understanding of business process documentation, developing policies and defining best practices for data protection change and communications (essential)
- Conceptual understanding of information and data security by design (essential)
- Demonstrable experience of supporting subject access requests, data breach management and data protection awareness requirements (essential)
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of SCI (essential)
- Experience of working within a large global organisation (desirable)
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership, and influence change (essential)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (essential)
- Strong change and project management skills including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively, and handle multiple deadlines (essential)
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion when making majority of decisions (essential)
- Detail-orientated approach needed to recommend and implement strategic improvements on a range of data privacy and data protection issues (essential)
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion (essential)
- Language skills, esp. French, Spanish or Arabic (desirable)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured