Head of Cloud Infrastructure
One Acre Fund
Software & Data
Seeking an exceptional technology leader to manage the scale of our infrastructure (cloud, systems, applications, endpoints, and networks) from managing 1.5 million to 10 million annual customers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As a leader within a 100+ staffer Technology Division, you will work with the Operations and Engineering departments to develop IT infrastructure systems that can manage our planned 10x scale by the end of the decade. You will report directly to the Director of IT Operations and will manage large budget items: our Azure cloud instance, networks across 9 countries of operation, and endpoints in the hands of over 10,000 staffers. One Acre Fund is nearing the end of a year-long digital transformation, and we are looking for someone to help operationalize our new technologies and services at a completely new scale.
Examples of work you'll own:
- Manage our PaaS growth; budget and plan for scale
- Work with our head of DevOps to identify risks and opportunities to improve application stability
- Team management: identify high performers, cultivate a deputy, and improve team deliverables
- With the Director of Information Security, prioritize vulnerabilities and make incremental progress on a long-term vision
- Design a change management process for an organization that moves quickly and takes appropriate risks
- Set the strategic and technical direction of our cloud services, networks, endpoints, and applications
- Manage the careers and deliverables of a team of 10 to 15 staffers
- Get into the technical details: we look for leaders who can "zoom out" to set strategy and "zoom in" to the intricacies of -- for example -- network configurations
- Build systems and automation for future scale
- Prioritize competing interests in a resource-scarce environment
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- You likely have 7+ years of experience managing complex technical systems or equivalent skills
- Success in managing a team
- Technical knowledge (require most, not all):
- Systems administration
- Cloud management: containerization (Kubernetes), availability, and monitoring
- Networks: monitoring, configuration, security
- Endpoints: administration, lifecycle management
- Application management, including identity and access management with Google Workspace
IT Asset management (software and hardware)
- Successful completion of projects without direct management authority
- 3+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation
- Fluency in English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Hybrid; Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of our countries of operation (Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Nigeria, and Ethiopia)
02 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured