DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for class room instructions and practical classes.
- Responsible for the regular review of learning and teaching practices and implementing improvements where necessary
- Responsible for setting, moderation, supervision, marking, and proper recording of exams
- Acts as the first port of call in matters relating to student indiscipline
- Job- shadowing for the HOD whenever called upon to do so
- Responsible for departmental academic trips including but not limited to planning and organizing, and budget preparation
- Clear understanding of course units assigned.
- Preparing course outlines as per the curriculum at the beginning of every quarter/ term and make sure the students assigned to you maintain a copy in their possession.
- Preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and lesson notes.
- Checking class attendance by marking the attendance sheet in every learning session and handing over the same to the HOD/ assistant every Friday evening. Students overall performance and certification includes class attendance.
- Notifying HOD of any students whose class attendance is not regular as prescribed in the academic policy.
- Notifying the HOD of any learning difficulties identified in a student for assessment and reference to guidance and counseling and/ or referral to the Academic Registrar for appropriate action.
- Passing practical and/ or theory instructions through teaching, training and imparting knowledge to students assigned.
- Evaluate students' learning progress by;
- Setting and administering CATS.
- Setting and administering End of Term, End of Stage and Final Exams.
- Preparing Special/ Supplementary exams.
- Preparing marking schemes for the set examinations.
- Marking exams.
- Record marks appropriately as per the stipulated timelines.
- Handing over marks to the HOD/ assistant in good time.
- Following up to make sure that all students sit the prescribed examination as stipulates in the Academic Policy.
- Maintain class discipline and establish class controls by making sure that the students follow the institute's prescribed rules and regulations.
- Regular review of content, learning and teaching practices, to keep abreast with current an emerging trends.
- Assessing students on attachment as part of the learning process when called upon to do so.
- Marking and grading the attachment reports and handing in the marked reports as well as results to the HOD.
- Accompanying students for trips when called upon to do so.
- Any other duty that you may be assigned that is in line with your academic role(s).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum degree level with demonstrated progress towards the acquisition of additional professional courses
- BTEC certified.
- At least 3 years’ experience at similar level
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of industry standards, trends, practices, and requirements
- Proficiency in computer skills such as MS Office
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, enumeration expected, email and telephone contacts directly by 5th October 2021.