REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning and organizing the overall operations of the housekeeping function in accordance with the standards and guidelines set, to ensure that the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. Also required to budget and procurement of room and public area amenities. In addition, the housekeeping manager is required to train and develop the housekeeping team so that they are proficient in performing their duties.
1. Responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of the cleaning and maintenance throughout the Serviced Residence Property. Specific responsibilities include Resident’s apartments, public areas, back of the house areas, linen and uniforms.
2. Understand, maintain and execute operational manuals and guidelines.
3. Establish standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff and establish training program (OJT).
4. Initiates and maintains effective communication between the Housekeeping Department and other departments as well as the General Manager.
5. Supervise and develop personnel in the department to their maximum effectiveness.
6. Purchase housekeeping amenities and control stock level.
7. Prepare annual housekeeping furniture, fitting and equipment and operation equipment budget.
8. Inspects quota of apartments and public areas daily.
9. Conducts physical inventories of all uniforms, linen and other consumable items.
10. Ensure working environment is safe and hygienic at all times in accordance with OSHA laws
11. Prepare annual recommendations for capital improvements.
12. Develops and maintain the Deep Clean Programs for the Apartments as well as Public Areas.
13. Work and coordinate with Engineering Department and contractors to ensure smooth flow of repair works, renovations and upgrade plans.
14. Assumes other duties or responsibility designated by the General Manager.
Diploma in Housekeeping or equivalent
Minimum of five years’ experience with at least three years in housekeeping managerial role.
Good spoken and written English. Computer literate.
Systematic, Methodical, Pragmatic, Meticulous, Detail Oriented, good spoken and written English skills. Good command of English Language is preferred.