Reporting To: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Operations Manager
This role is responsible for recruitment, maintain employee records, assist with payroll processing and provide administrative support to all employees.
• Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
• Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees' records.
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
• Assist with performance management procedures.
• Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
• Administering various employee benefits programs, such as group insurance, long-term disability, pensions, and profit sharing
• Maintain the HR team's calendar (schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc.)
• Create and submit reports to senior management
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Assist with payroll and adhoc HR projects.
• Support other assigned functions.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
Day to day activities:
• Answering employee requests and questions
• Coordinate and delegate the task to the appropriate person of the team
• Update and keep employee records in check
• Assisting in the recruitment and interview processes
• Help supervisors in assessing employee engagement and evaluation
• Responsible for analyzing training needs, developing training curriculum, and delivering training courses
• Formulating methods to improve employment policies, processes and practices as well as recommending changes to management.
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. Exposure to Kenya Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
2. Effective HR administration and people management skills.
3. Exposure to payroll practices.
4. Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
7. Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
8. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
9. Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
10. Meticulous attention to detail.
Background / Experience:
• 5 years of experience as an HR Coordinator (essential).
• Administrator and coordinator experience essential