Home scope has a long history of hiring engaged, productive employees, and we’re looking for a HR manager to continue this tradition. The ideal candidate will have experience in HR with a thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
We are building development consultants and developers with over a decade worth of experience in high-end real estate development. We have successfully completed a diverse set of complex projects across the country that exemplify our values of transformative and creative living spaces. Over the years, the skills and management base of the company has grown and developed tremendously. Our team has enthusiasm, competence, and commitment unequaled in the industry. This is evident from the exquisite high-quality work witnessed in the various projects we have completed. Our customer-focused approach, Quality construction, Safety record, ability to effectively meet construction programs, professional management, and our cooperative approach, makes us your ideal choice for a development partner.
Our Vision is “To be a Reliable developer of Choice” and we are driven by our mission Mission to be your developer of choice in delivering quality developments beyond customer expectations for a specified niche market.
About the role
Home scope has a long history of hiring engaged, productive employees, and we’re looking for a HR manager to continue this tradition. The ideal candidate will have experience in HR with a thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures. The bulk of the role will involve recruitment,employee orientations,policies,benefits administration, compensation, rewards, and conflict resolution, and there is great opportunity for developing and refining systems.
We’re eager to find a human resources manager who connects easily with people and has a detail-oriented mindset for handling the dynamic nature of today’s workforce.
What we value in a HR manager
The HR manager anticipates, plans, recruits, and manages our most important resource- Our People as they help us achieve the organizations mission to be world class developers.
This role is expected to autonomously and independently drive impact across all the areas of the HR function. You will be responsible for identifying,scoping and solving complex problems while aligning with the team and leadership.
You will have responsibility for shaping your own goals and actions, in many cases expanding scope of work while working in alignment with the people strategy.
While the role’s primary responsibility is Kenya, you will be expected to perform HR duties/projects across the group of companies and multiple locations where the company operates.
We value solid HR expertise and proficiency in use of HR management tools. Integrity, discipline, delivery of results and engagement will be critical to this role.
You will be required to be certified as a HR professional in Kenya.
· Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
· Implement new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve the employee experience.
· Support departments in developing and delivering strategic HR plans that fit with the overall business direction
Recruitment and orientation.
· Drive the recruitment efforts end to end and prepare employees for their assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
· Champion the onboarding process by ensuring that it's high-quality and up to date, and provide clarity and connection for employees so their roles serve the overall business vision
Employee relations and culture
· Oversee and refine employee standards,policies and procedures, using existing HR systems as well as improve or recommended processes
· Oversee the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart.
· Enhance and advise management on team morale, engagement and efficiency across the group.
· Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees including but not limited to absence, health issues, conduct,performance, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
Learning and development.
· Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by scheduling management conferences, resolving employee grievances, training managers on how to coach and discipline, and counseling employees and supervisors
· Plan for employee training as needed.
Compensation and benefits
· Administer benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
· Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, expense reimbursement, and vacation
· Evaluating employee performance and employee engagement tools.
· Drive performance culture and manage all performance-related grievances.
· Coordinate the performance feedback and documentation process to ensure that all employees are informed about their performance.
· Drive all HR administration related tasks including employee files,documentation and updating all the relevant tracking tools
· Maintain all HR related records.
· Build strong relationships with external suppliers, fostering trust and promoting collaboration
· Manage offboarding and exit interviews.
· Provide all people related reports to management providing insights on areas of improvement and growth to internal standard operating procedures.
· Ensure legal compliance with country regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
· Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human-resources policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate should:
· University Degree
· Membership in a professional HR Association (eg IHRM/CIPD).
· Minimum of 5 years experience working in an HR department and managing HR Operations
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
· Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
· Full understanding of the labor laws and conditions of employment in Kenya
· Customer service-oriented
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Information gathering and information monitoring
· Knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems.
Applications should be submitted on or before Friday, 02nd February, 2024
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.