Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years work experience & At least one (1+) year management experience.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
As the Human Resources Manager you will play a pivotal role in the effective management of the company's human resources operations that you manage. You will be responsible for overseeing various HR functions, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compliance, and policy development. Your mission is to create and maintain a positive and productive work environment while ensuring HR policies and practices align with legal requirements and organizational goals
Recruitment and Onboarding
1. Responsible for full life cycle recruitment of job vacancies; including partnering with hiring managers, drafting job advertisements, posting jobs, screening candidates for minimum qualifications, ensuring compliance with labour laws, coordinating testing and interviews, preparing contingent offers, performing background checks, sharing information about compensation and benefits and ensuring the recruitment file is complete.
2. Responsible for developing new hire orientation to ensure staff have email addresses set up, have signed employment contracts, are enrolled in benefits, and have reviewed Crystal Africa ethics policies and performance management tools.
Compliance and Record Keeping
1. Maintain accurate and complete personnel files, updating checklist and HR data as necessary.
2. Track employee probation periods, advise managers of upcoming probation end dates, ensure probation evaluation forms are complete and maintain confidentiality of employee personal data.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
1. Assist with job descriptions ensuring they are in order
2. Manage employee benefits in compliance with labour law.
3. Work closely with management to coordinate the Performance Management Process in compliance with policy; including distribution and collection of documents, scheduling meetings, tracking, and reviewing forms as they are received.
4. Manage employee leave; responding to requests for leave balances, advising staff on the procedures for taking leave, following up on required documentation for taking leave or returning from leave, maintaining an accurate record of all leave, ensuring the leave trackers are updated monthly and ensuring leave carryover balances are communicated at the end of each calendar year.
5. Prepare a Public Holiday calendar and send out notifications.
1. Prepare the monthly Payroll for review by drafting a memo that documents all the employee changes in the month (new hires, terminations, maternity leave etc.) with appropriate documentation (contract amendments etc).
2. Ensure documentation for all actions is in the personnel files.
3. Prepare final pay statement for terminating staff ensuring accuracy and compliance with policy.
4. Reconcile the payroll with the previous month to ensure accuracy.
Employee Training and Professional Development
1. Develop and deliver training to staff on new policies and activities as needed.
2. Manage staff requests for professional development and tracking documentation.
3. Assist with addressing knowledge and skill deficiencies through reasonable recommendations for training.
4. Work with managers of various departments to develop and run training programs.
1. Prepare internal communications regarding HR issues such as amendments to the employee handbook, end/beginning year activities, performance review processes, internal job opportunities, benefits and new policies.
2. Maintain a communication board and the job board; ensure job vacancies and staff communications (CD notices, Amendments to Employee Handbook, Holiday schedule etc.) are posted/removed on time.
1. Perform exit interviews.
2. Respond to employee relations issues including issues of misconduct and performance issues
3. Partner with management and escalate issues as necessary
4. Assist with investigations into allegations
1. Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgement statement that the training has been completed. • All other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years work experience & At least one (1+) year management experience.
2. HR generalist with knowledge of HR best practices and prior experience in all functional areas of human resources (comp & benefits, talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, compliance etc.).
3. Knowledge and experience in the enforcement of labour laws.
4. Excellent written and verbal professional communication skills in English.
5. Autonomous with the ability to identify challenges and take initiative, prioritize, and organize work efficiently.
6. Ability to solve problems logically.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.