Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
26. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (SYSTEM /DATA ANALYST): KEFRI 7
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases;
• Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements;
• Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow;
• Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
• Manage the set-up and configuration of systems;
• Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process;
• Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed;
• Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms;
• Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs;
• Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance;
• Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organization;
• Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas;
• Ensuring Business continuity by performing regular data and application backups; and
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C +” (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business IT, Software Engineering, ICT Project Management, Computer Engineering or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
iii) Working experience in the field of system analysis is and added advantage;
iv) Valid membership to relevant professional body is an added advantage;
v) Ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions;
vi) Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with data and system analysis;
vii) Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems;
viii) Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages, analysis tools and big data; and
ix) Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.