The holder will perform a detailed evaluation of internal controls and review of computer information systems both on internal and external engagements. He/she will report to the Head of Internal Audit department.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Job Description: Information Systems Auditor
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform general and application review of computer information systems.
• Perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
• Direct and/or perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Recommend revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Review internal controls by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommend improvements.
• Develop and administer risk-focused reviews for IT systems.
• Collaborate with departments to improve security compliance, manage risk and boost effectiveness.
• Prepare audit planning memoranda, audit programs and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports, and other and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to Management.
• Follow up on audit findings to ensure that the corrective action(s) has been taken.
• Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Conduct operational, compliance and investigative audits, as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• A degree from a recognized University preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
• Profession Qualifications: Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or any other related certification.
• Fresh graduates may apply (Experience is desirable)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of current technological developments/ trends in information systems and cyber security.
• Experience in systems/cyber security audit is desirable.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare repots
• Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles
• Ability to perform operational and investigative audits besides IS audit
• Working knowledge of cyber security laws and regulations.
Qualified candidates apply on or before 9th DECEMBER 2023
Kenya Commerce Exchange Service Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.