The infrastructure engineer job description includes
• Being responsible for performing several duties for their overall objective of maintaining the infrastructure of an organization.
• Design solutions from mission needs and assess current systems to secure the best practices and balance by complying with federal policies and procedures.
• Manage and maintain broad area virtual private networks (VPN).
• Administration of the Middleware application server, such as Oracle Weblogic server and IBM Web Sphere server and automated workflow tools.
• Monitoring administration of Windows, Linux or Mac OS Operating Systems and are conversant with systems administration.
• Troubleshooting applications and providing J2EE application deployment.
• Partnering with the application development team on application building, implementation and fixing of issues.
• Installing infrastructure components on networks and servers, ensuring that the technical performance aspects in the infrastructure environment are optimized, including database, network, and application server performance.
• Applying, and enforcing processes for promoting all infrastructure components from the development environment to the environments of testing, demonstrating, and generating.
• Making sure that the infrastructure components are working in tandem and can be executed without compilation errors in various platforms and environments.
• Managing host environment including web servers, database servers,VMWare,Cisco,Citrix,SAN and blades.
• Collaborating and participating in activities to share and integrate programs
• Fixing any network connectivity issues, ensuring smooth flow of data and voice in the organization
Qualified candidates are required to send their updated CV.