• Set up functions of internal controls and regulations in accordance with the International Audit Standards.
• Initiate the development and implementation of Audit and Risk Mitigation Plans approved by the Council.
• Assist the management to develop and implement Risk Management Policies and procedures.
• Advice management on policies related to internal controls, financial accounting and administration.
• Establish a mechanism for fraud detection, prevention and elimination for manual and computerized processes.
• Establish an administrative framework for compliance with Legal and Statutory requirements.
• Undertake continuous monitoring and evaluation of institutional projects and programmes.
• Provide leadership to internal audit staff.
• Prepare and table periodic audit reports before the Council and its committees and perform such other duties as required from time to time.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• Must be a CPA(K) finalist.
• MUST have at least 5 years of prior working experience as an Internal Auditor.
• Possess an eye for detail in reporting of financial audits in the interest of the organization.
• Hands-on experience in dealing with financial issues in every department in the company.
• Have in-depth knowledge about accounting.
• Comply with the targets assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
• Effective time management skills to meet deadlines.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.70,000 - 80,000 (Approx. 700 – 800 USD).
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Kitale, Kenya.
Deadline: 12th June 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.