Internship Opportunities at Kenya Medical Research - KEMRI
Health & Safety
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution in Kenya
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
- The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the internship program, the candidate will have gained practical workplace experience to him/her have a competitive edge in the job market.
KEMRI-CGHR DLSP Branch in Kisumu has five (5) internship opportunities as follows:
- Location: Kisumu.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution in Kenya
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and
- Technologists Board (KMLTTB) where applicable.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Should have graduated and obtained the relevant final certificate
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Terms of Engagement:
- Appointment in the Internship program will be for a period of one (1) year non-renewable and is subject to availability of funds.
- A modest stipend of Ksh. 15,000 will be provided which may not be sufficient and therefore the successful candidates will need to cater for their own transport, accommodation and upkeep during this period.
- Successful candidates will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover lasting through the internship period.
- The program WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
- MUST be fluent in English and Kiswahili
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured