Reporting To: CEO
Direct reports: CEO
The role is in charge of the IT department and is in charge of looking at what the business will need in the future, either hardware or software, and determine whether it meets the quality and technical capability to meet its operational and strategic goals. The role sets the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.This position will oversee overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all information technology resources of our company.
• Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
• Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
• Set team and organization KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
• Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
• Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
• Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
• Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
• Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
• Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
• Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture and development
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
• Work closely with Marketing and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
Day to day activities:
• Develop technical aspects of the Taxiye’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
• Help departments use technology profitably
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes
• Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
• Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
• Previous working experience as an IT Manager for 7 years
• MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
• MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. Communication skills: a large part this role involves helping less technical people in the business understand how technology will achieve business goals, often at many different levels in the business. The role also has to be able to communicate effectively the other way, and clearly explain business goals to more technical people.
2. Leadership skills: the role needs to have outstanding leadership skills to be able to enact strategy and convince both the board and management to invest in various technologies. The role also has to be able to inspire the various teams they manage to work towards the Taxiye’sgoals and vision.
3. Business development: being able to work to achieve high-level business goals and keep on top of industry trends and emerging technologies in order to help the business stay competitive.
4. Financial skills: the day-to-day role will require a firm grasp of complex projects and finances, as well as things like resource allocation and software licensing. This helps the role effectively budget for Taxiye’s technology needs.
5. Technical: these skills are native to the role. Having a good understanding of the various technologies the organisation is working with is a critical part of this role.
Background / Experience:
• In-depth knowledge of cloud, web systems architecture, design , development and support
• Hands on experience with complex project management
• Experience managing a development team