LOCATION: NAIVASHA, OFF MOI SOUTHLAKE RD
KIMWA FARM SUPERVISION DUTIES:
• Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping.
• Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
• Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
• Records and maintains information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
• Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
• Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
• Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
• Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
• Supervising staff and enforces safety regulations, and interpreting policy.
KIMWA SUPERVISOR (OVERALL)
• Contributing to the provision of high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness of the farm buildings and grounds which ensures that management and staff have a comfortable, clean, safe and well maintained environment in which to work or otherwise use the facilities.
• To open the grounds and buildings with laid out instructions and schedules and to ensure that all activities are able to take placed at the specified times.
• Lock doors and gates and ensure all security measures are active in accordance with laid down schedules or as necessary to maximize the security of the grounds at all times and minimize the opportunities for vandalism.
• To attend the premises when alarm is triggered/raised, out of hours and liaise with Police as necessary and ensure the premises are secure.
• To monitor the work of the staff to ensure the work undertaken by them meets the standards in their contract specification to ensure that Kimwa gets value for money, that Kimwa is a clean, safe, healthy and comfortable place for Management, staff and other users to use.
• To coordinate minor repairs and maintenance on an ‘as and when necessary basis’ to enable Kimwa to be maintained in a state of good repair on a cost effective basis and other activities to proceed with minimum disruption.
• Following consultation and direction from Management, arrange for repairs and maintenance work to be undertaken by external firms and contractors, securing the best prices and timescales available to ensure minimum disruption to farm activities and best value for Kimwa.
Subject to the duration of the need, the special conditions given below apply:
The nature of the work may involve you carrying out work outside of normal work hours.
This post is subject to a background check with references along with a current certificate of good conduct.
• Degree in Horticulture
• Good communication skills, written and verbal.
• Preferably a lady with an age minimum of 28yrs
Working within a farm setting with a minimum experience of 3yrs
Liaising with external contractors including negotiating prices for small jobs
Demonstrated management experience is a plus.
• Ability to alert senior staff to unsafe practices.
• An ability to undertake risk assessments in relation to premises function.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety issues relevant to the post.
• Knowledge of good security practices.
• Ability to understand and apply management policies related to the post.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good IT skills, familiar with MS packages and email.
• Ability to relate well to Management and staff and to be assertive when necessary.
• Ability to work unsupervised and be able to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to negotiate desired outcomes, e.g. prices, deadlines.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Good organizational skills – ability to complete tasks to deadlines personally or through colleagues.
• Willingness to undertake personal development and training.
• Flexible – prepared to work some hours outside normal working hours.