Worldcoin is a world currency that launches by giving most of it away to every person in the world. Decentralized money will only really work at a large scale when enough people believe in it. Worldcoin’s goal is to sign up as many people as possible in the world during a three year period.
How do people get their free Worldcoin?
Our goal is to create a fair world currency that starts with everyone getting a share. So we need to make sure everyone can claim their coins (it’s accessible), but also that people can only claim only one share of coins (it’s trusted). (Imagine if you received one share, your friend received none, and someone else took too many...) This is why we built a special verification device, to make sure that everyone only receives their free part of Worldcoin once. We decided to make this device a beautiful chrome orb. We call the device “The Orb”.
The Orb takes a picture of a user’s face (specifically, their eyes), turns it into a code that’s verified in the database, then gives the user their username/password. Everyone has a face, so everyone can get Worldcoin. Everyone’s face is unique, so people can only sign up once. Note, your data is safe. We don’t collect any special data (like name, address, etc.) and we delete face data over time.
How do we get Worldcoin out to people?
The big question is: how do we get Worldcoin out into the world? This is where Orb Operators come in. We are looking for founding Orb Operators, often referenced to as Distributors, around the world who will essentially run a Distribution business in their city. They will get sent Orbs, and will be finding and employing local Distributors to physically give away the coin, along with managing additional operations such as marketing and logistics.
Who You Are:
You will essentially be a type of recruiter in your city. Your job will be to get us great Orb Operators.
If you’re reading this you’re likely interested in helping bring Worldcoin to your city. If so, we expect that you are well-connected to lots of channels within your city and are willing to leverage those connections to help us find good Distributors. We are not hiring you to be a Distributor.
Note: It is not mandatory to be currently living in that city - as long as you are well connected, that’s all we need!
What Makes a Good Orb Operator?:
Good question. Truth be told, we are still figuring this out, so we are really open to meeting anyone that we find through your connections, but there are a few defining qualities that we’ve seen from our best Distributors so far:
- They’re entrepreneurial and have shown this in one way or another.
- They’re solution oriented and will find ways to sign people up no matter what stands in their way.
- They’re ready to jump into this and make running their Orb Operator business their primary focus over time.
- They’re into tech
- They appreciate and understand the benefit Worldcoin could bring to their community (and the world)
Places where we’ve found really good Distributors are the following: universities, start-up communities, social media groups, crypto communities, etc. But this is not an exclusive list! We are excited to meet with anyone who you think would be interested and a good fit.
Here are the main sources of information we can provide you for both your understanding and to send to potential Orb Operators, as well as the link to the application form that they need to fill.
- Web Page for users (explains the project): http://worldcoin-distributors.com/
- Orb Operator Whitepaper: http://bit.ly/WLD-OrbOperator
- Worldcoin Commercial: http://bit.ly/WLD-UX
--- Cool to see and send around to show them what their Distributors will be doing.
Let us know what is missing and we will extend this list.
- Read through the materials to ensure you understand both the project and your job description (to stress: we are not hiring you to be a Orb Operator - although you could apply separately if you wanted, we’ve had this before)
- Schedule a meeting with us here if you have more questions: https://calendly.com/d/mq64-qfnh/worldcoin-launcher-intro
--- You can always schedule any meeting here, don’t even have to ask first!
- Brainstorm a list of channels where you believe you can find good Orb Operators are in your area, put a spreadsheet together and send it to us.
- Give us feedback. Monitor which channels were successful, give us structured feedback on what else is needed to get more people interested (e.g. more reading material, video explaining something)