Reports to: Senior Loan Officer and General Manager.
• Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, financial statements, loan security documents and other financial information.
• Analyze applicants' financial status, credit status, and undertake relevant evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
• Evaluate and advice on client’s ability to pay based on analysis of their finances.
• Obtain credit information from credit institutions and references.
• Process approved loans for disbursement.
• Undertake business and home visits to validate applications where need dictates.
• Review and update credit and loan files.
• Undertake data entry on approved loans.
• Undertake timely valuation and renewal of contracts upon expiry.
• Analyze advice and assist in the recovery of defaulted loans.
• Continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
• Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision-making.
• Ensure to collect and recover from performing and non-performing accounts.
• Undertake timely recovery actions through effective communication and negotiate with customers on their past due facilities while ensuring that subsequent actions on the facilities, if required, are not unduly delayed.
• Ensure individual performance objectives and measures are met.
• Maintain a healthy portfolio and ensure all set targets are met.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience and Personal Attributes
• Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelors/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Banking, or credit management or any business related field from a recognized institution.
• At least 1-year working experience in a credit facility or a similar role in the financial industry.
• Basic accounting training will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in ICT with strong MS Office and internet ability.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills communication and interpersonal skills.
• Planning and organization skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Clean Police Clearance Certificate
Key Personal Attributes
• Team player.
• Confidentiality and integrity.
• Confident and assertive demeanor.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Good business sense and commercial awareness.
• Negotiation and influential skills.
• Service excellence.