Maintenance Manager - Homa Bay
Victory Farms Ltd
Engineering & Technology
• 5+ years of experience in facilities maintenance • Background in mechanical or electrical engineering is helpful
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:5 years
Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish platform on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish platform, and the largest Fish platform in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, and distribution capacity throughout Kenya while we build operations in Lake Kivu in Rwanda as well through our sister company Kivu Choice. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Maintenance Manager (located in Homa Bay)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Operations department. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining all our equipment and facilities in Kenya.
Your four (4) primary responsibilities will include:
• Identify and ensure completion of required corrective maintenance as needed across the entire company for assets at the farm and fleet in Nairobi/Kisumu
• Complete preventative maintenance as prescribed by maintenance schedules or farm manager
• Manage mechanical and electrical contractors (as necessary) to complete maintenance works
• Procurement of parts necessary to complete repairs
You will be the primary person responsible for ensuring high quality and on time completion of facilities maintenance and up-keep. This position requires a strong ability to use logic and engineering skills to solve maintenance problems while sharing updates with senior executives across Victory Farms.
1. Identify and ensure completion of corrective maintenance
• Conduct periodic inspections of facilities to identify and solve maintenance issues
• Respond quickly to emergency requests for maintenance of facilities (e.g., water leak, power outage)
2. Complete preventative maintenance of equipment
• Identify and create, where necessary, preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and facilities with the goal of minimizing the amount of corrective maintenance.
• Ensure adherence to maintenance plans to ensure equipment availability and minimize loss time
3. Manage mechanical, plumbing, and electrical contractors
• Hire and manage contractors to complete identified works as necessary, ensuring price and quality are met
4. Identify and procure parts
• Identify parts required to complete repairs and partner with procurement department to acquire required parts
• Ensure appropriate warranties are in place and ensure VF gets best value from relationships with vendors
• 5+ years of experience in facilities maintenance
• Background in mechanical or electrical engineering is helpful
• Ability to thrive while working collaboratively with colleagues, identifying and solving problems independently in a fast-paced environment
• A successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, ability to work in teams, intellectual curiosity, and ability to structure and solve problems
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Mechanical engineering for example) strongly preferred
• Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
• Status: Full time
• Benefits included
• Vacation Benefits
• Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured