Industry Sector: Resin Manufacturing
Reports to: C.E.O
Supervises: Maintenance Staff
Job Purpose Summary:
To ensure that all plant machinery operates in an efficient and cost effective manner ensuring minimum down times. Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities to ensure they achieve their objectives within the set time frames and budgets. Actively contribute to improve operational capabilities. Develop autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance capabilities within the organization.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Communicates directly with production manager to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance schedules
2. Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions in conjunction with the production manager.
3. Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians and ensures continuous education to the technicians.
4. Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
5. Updates MD of all maintenance work and projects going on in the company with the use of the maintenance schedule and a projects schedule.
6. Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
7. Identify machines which are obsolete and would prove costly to maintain or repair, for disposal.
8. Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
9. Monitors the use and inventories and makes the ROL`s of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
10. Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
11. Responsible for the projects budget and ensuring that the resources are utilized in the most timely and efficient manner.
12. You will implement cost effective, time based projects with World Class Engineering/parts and ensure all projects meet their deadlines and are within their budgets.
13. Ensure zero accidents
14. Take action on reported accidents or incidents immediately they happen
15. Enforce 6K activities in the plant to attain world class standards
16. Active participation and ensuring compliance of overall Kaizen/DWM activities
17. Ensure progressive Training Within Industry(TWI) in the department
18. Continuous Improvement skills
19. To drive Kaizen in the department.
20. Weekly update/ follow up meeting with MD and PM
Required Knowledge and skills
1. Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering
2. Over 5 years experience in Manufacturing Industry.
3. Workforce management and planning skills.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills
6. Knowledge on Chemical Production and Processing Engineering
7. Pro – active, disciplined, cooperative and good training and coaching skills.
8. Decisive, consistent, stern,
Salary KES 100,000 – KES 150,000 Gross based on experience.