Nurse, Adult A&E
Health & Safety
RN from a recognized school of nursing or University Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nurse Manager, Accident & Emergency Department.
- Triage each patient using the CETAS criteria and determines priority of care based on physical, psychological and social needs.
- Identify patients with infectious diseases and initiate appropriate isolation precautions and communicate as appropriate.
- Performs focused assessment of chief complaints of each patient in a timely manner according to established triage guidelines
- Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients in the emergency room
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs.
- Carry out hemodynamic monitoring to include vital signs, neurological and fluid status; labs and radiological evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and promptly report adverse reactions.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga Khan University Hospital guidelines on waste management
- Prepare for and assist physicians to perform various procedures such as insertion of invasive lines
- Carry out pre-operative care for the surgical patients
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Prepare patients for various investigations including lab and radiological imaging.
- Collect specimens in emergency situations and ensure correct labeling.
- Perform pain assessment and reassessment; and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the nurse manager, team leader or physician
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies.
- Participate in quality initiatives including clinical care program certification (CCPC)
- Follow discharge procedure according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made appropriately
- Be accountable for judicious use of resources and ensure accurate and timely billing of supplies.
- Care for equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of non-functional equipment to the nurse manager
- Participate in unit based continuing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks.
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in emergency nursing
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured