Worldwide, 570 million children live in extreme poverty, vulnerable to many factors that threaten their well-being. Children need protection, support, and care at each stage of childhood to stay safe, healthy, learning and on track to achieve their potential. ChildFund works with local partner organizations, governments, corporations, and individuals to help create the safe environments children need to thrive.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
Reporting to Nairobi Metropolitan Senior Field Coordinator, the Project Officer (PO) will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and delivery of the Elimu Kidijitali project that leverages technological digital learning innovation to support the achievement of SDG 4 and ensuring transformational learning in primary schools in Nairobi, Kiambu, and Murang'a Counties in Kenya. S/He will ensure proper and planning and implementation of the project activities, achievement of set targets and milestones, efficient management of budget and resources, and preparation of donor reports. The position will coordinate and contribute to the achievement of the relevant expected outputs, leveraging technological and digital innovations and ensure more inclusive, effective and relevant learning. The PO will work closely with relevant GOK line ministries/departments and other stakeholder to ensure their full participation in the project execution. S/He will represent ChildFund, Kenya in relevant working groups, task forces or forums, and strive to build on strategic partnerships. Additionally, the officer will liaise with national ICT in education policies, departments at county and national levels and other educational policy discourses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development and subsequent review of the project detailed implementation plans, monthly work plans and budgets.
- Develop a capacity building plans for the incentive teachers implementing the Elimu KiDijitali program .
- Lead digital literacy learning outcomes across curricular programmes and initiatives as deemed necessary, to enhance studentsâ digital competences in the selected schools .
- Support educators and teachers, in collaboration with the subject Education Officers, to achieve the curricular aims of the teaching and learning programmes in the different subjects/areas with the aid of digital technologies.
- Collaborate with teaching and non-teaching staff to design and develop online learning resources such as video material, screencasts, and interactive web-based resources.
- Classrooms observation during digital learning sessions to ensure quality.
- Research and write digitally led learning resources in response to needs aimed at diverse set of learnerâs .
- Monitoring and providing support on digital literacy, curriculum development, quality assurance, management and implementation in the schools.
- Coordinate the quality and timely implementation of all the project activities, and achievement of set targets and milestones.
- Guide and ensure that the learning activities are implemented in accordance with the curriculum.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in the most efficient, effective and sustainable manner as per the project proposal, donor and ChildFund policies and procedures, government policies and guidelines and project contract.
- Support to conduct regular data collection using existing tools I.e. CAMEL , lesson plans and others to measure overall impact of the project.
- Ensure that good practices and lessons are documented and shared with the MEAL team and the education team for replication and wider dissemination.
- P rovide technical support to address technological challenges faced with connectivity and the digital equipment i.e., tablets, laptops, and projectors.
- Work closely with the project team and partners to prepare project quarterly and monthly budget forecast and submit for approval to the Grants Office.
- Work closely with the Technical officer, Finance officer and partners on monitoring and reporting of the project budget.
- Work closely with the finance officer to ensure that all project budgets are posted into the financial system in a timely and accurate manner .
- Assist in funds transfer and/or authorization relating to the projects; monitor the financial flow and reporting.
- Prepare expenditure reviews for specific beneficiary counties as well as for the overall budget.
- Support budget proposal development, planning and monitoring in the implementation of the work plan and budget.
- Represent ChildFund Kenya in forums, meetings, seminars, and conferences related to the project and as advised by the Country Child Protection and Advocacy Manager.
- Create strategic partnerships and strengthen existing partnerships that will ensure smooth project implementation.
- Coordinate with the Communications team at the CO to design a package of Information, Educational and Communications (IEC) materials, videos, and podcasts for the project.
- Build and strengthen communications with NGO partners, stakeholders, and Government agencies, in particular the Ministry of Education, Ministry of ICTs at national and county levels in each target county. Build relationships with national and county governments, schools, communities, county and national Education Departments and various stakeholders.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Ensure that monitoring data and information is collated regularly and made available to the MEAL Team for reporting and monitoring purposes .
- Document in a timely manner, all progress, challenges, and learning for future implementation of similar projects and accountability.
- Ensure strong coordination of project activities with program participants and different stakeholders under the supervision of the Line manager.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Team, focus on project data collection to generate practical information for reporting and capturing results at the impact level.
- Closerly work with the MEAL and communication teams to develop quarterly case stories that reflect the project impact, lessons learnt and best practices.
- Timely prepare quality donor reports and submit them to the program specialist and GAAM team for review and submission.
- Ensure the project evaluations and audits are done on time.
- A minimum bachelorâs degree (Master level preferred) in Education, Educational technology, Education with ICT, social sciences and/ or ICT Educationistâs qualifications is desirable.
- Minimum of four (4) yearsâ relevant work experience in the area of education sector especially in digital literacy, ICT in education, Digital Education Programming, or management of projects in the field of educational, preferably digital learning.
- A good understanding of current developments in Digital innovations, teaching and learning and pedagogical approaches to learning especially regarding the use of technology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of online learning design and development.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT and using social media and mobile applications.
- Experience in the implementation, evaluation and advocacy of programmes and projects related to education, digital learning, administrative and financial matters, as well as coordinating with internal and external partners and networks.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in reading, speaking and writing in both English and Kiswahili. Excellent report writing skills and making presentations is a must.
- Experience conducting research on education, and development issues and working with research teams are desired.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to take the appropriate initiative to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and meeting strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and successful experience working effectively on a team.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in accessibility, user-centered, universal and mobile learning platforms and resources.
- Experience in planning, preparation and organization of workshops and meetings under the framework of education-related projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to maintain effective working relations within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills .
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm for education .
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with communities and other agencies that support education.
- Accountability: Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Collaboration: Establish good working relationships with BOMs, teachers and target communitiesâ members. Build and maintain effective relationships with the education team, other colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Integrity: Honesty encourages openness and transparency.
S/he will work closely with Program and Sponsorship Officer/Assistants, Assistant Project Officers and ChildFund PSD Staff team at the CO level including GAAM department to implement the project in the schools and the surrounding communities.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.