Someone who can evaluate, plan, organize and conduct physiotherapy program to help improve mobility and function in children impaired because of illness, injury or psychological or development problems and experienced candidate to fill the above position
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
MPC is located in suburbs of Nairobi town; seek to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position of a PHYSIOTHERAPIST in one of our Centre Songambele Namasomo. Someone who can evaluate, plan, organize and conduct physiotherapy program to help improve mobility and function in children impaired because of illness, injury or psychological or development problems and experienced candidate to fill the above position
Bring wellness and mobility in physical disabilities caused by injuries or other neurological disorders through physiotherapy treatment programs.
• Assess and evaluate physical disabilities caused by neurological disorders, diseases or injuries to determine needs and limitations of the child
• Creating a tailored treatment plan to address client’s conditions , taking into account their age, fitness levels and any other medical conditions
• Applying a range of physiotherapy techniques to address discovered conditions (including tailored exercises, massage therapy, breathing and relaxation techniques)
• Plan treatment regime for patient. Schedule exercises and therapies for the patient, types of activities and goals to be accomplished. Establish patient goals and benchmarks
• Assist and demonstrate proper stretches, techniques, exercise moves, and equipment uses. Teach the children to use equipment such as walking frames, splints, crutches, wheelchairs and other tools that will assist their mobility.
• Handle pain and physical problems caused by illnesses, disabilities and injuries.
• Observe, review and evaluate patient through tests, movements, and conversation after every session if possible.
• Developing rapport with patients to build a relationship of trust and mutual respect
• Creating a safe and relaxed environment where clients feel comfortable
Coordination/ cooperation with parents, guardians, staff and professional bodies
• Discuss patients’ goalposts with the healthcare team at the centre.
• Work together with the occupational therapist and perform any other duties requested as required from time to time concerning the children with disabilities.
• Provide report on exercise and treatment plans to the project coordinator.
• Educate patient family members and caregivers on the client’s treatment plan
• Teach patients and their families about self-care treatment interventions. Demonstrate to parents, exercises that can help relieve pain for children with chronic conditions
• Educating clients, their families and the general community on how to prevent common musculoskeletal injuries so they can lead a healthy lifestyle
• Creating a good relationship with parents / caregivers of the learners
• Collaborate with patient’s doctor for referrals, notes, and medical history. Recommend specialists to patients who need additional medical attention
• The physiotherapist may be required to attend training and any other professional course relevant to their field of work.
• Document patient medical progress and treatment; record notes to update medical conditions. Keeping patient records up-to-date and securely stored
• Conduct regular evaluation and review to monitor progress and to advice office when sourcing therapy equipment
• Report directly to the occupational therapist and the Project coordinator who provide overall guidance and support.
• Sensitising community on physiotherapy issues
• Any other duties as assigned by the Management
• Register member of Kenya Society of Physiotherapy
• Degree/Diploma in from Kenya medical Training College
• Have More than 3 years in this field
• Can assess and evaluate physical disabilities caused by neurological disorders, diseases or injuries to determine needs and limitations of the child.
• Good communications skills.
• Committed to the vision and mission of MPC Vocational training Centre
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application to Brighter Monday later than 30th December 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV .
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.