WE ARE HIRING
Number of Positions (1)
Nakuru Feeds Plant
Closing Date: 26th November 2023
We are looking for new talent to join our team
To ensure operation of the animal feed pellet press machine during manufacture of pelleted & crumbled feed to optimize line efficiency while maintaining the desired quality and safety standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Achieve and maintain optimal machine efficiency at above 85%.
2. Process operation at design throughput.
3. Produce pellets of the right quality specifications and correct pellet sizes.
4. Carry out autonomous maintenance to eliminate forced machine deterioration.
5. Optimize press machine die performance to reduce production costs related to die change (at least a shelf life of 12000 MT).
6. Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure no leakages or spillages from the equipment.
7. Maintain safe machines through hazard spotting, identification of abnormalities and elimination of abnormalities.
8. Logging details of work performed in data records to enable further action.
9. Ensure all company policies, standards & Procedures are adhered to (Safety & Health, GMP, ISO 22000, Kaizen).
10. Identify and report all quality and food safety issues observed during daily operations.
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills & Experience
1. Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
2. At least three (3) years experience in the feed/food manufacturing industry.
3. Knowledge in running and maintaining feed/flour milling machines.
4. Experience in animal feed pellet press is an added advantage.
5. Knowledge in feed safety as per ISO 22000/HACCP.
6. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not ask for any payments during the recruitment process.