Excel academy, both a day and boarding school, established in year 2005, has grown as an institution over the years to have over 600 students with a complement of over 30 educators and other support staff.
We offer Primary School education to the community in the Dagoretti location of Nairobi County and wider Nairobi County. The school also provides computer lessons, music, and French class. As a center of excellence, we give our children a holistic experience to face all sphere of life with confidence and promote good moral standards by instilling Christian values, thorough quality education that is provided by well trained, devoted and profession teachers.
Our classes are from Play Group, PP1, 2, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Standard 6, Standard 7 and Standard 8. We are looking for teachers with TSC numbers and have had at least 1 year of teaching experience.
Brief summary of what the role entails
As a classroom teacher, your major responsibility is to teach. Each classroom teaching is responsible for teaching 3 or 4 subjects.
Classroom teachers can qualify to be appointed to be class teachers with added responsibilities.
Day to day duties and responsibilities for the role
• As the classroom teacher you are expected to execute what you have already been trained in and would include teaching preparation, teaching, record keeping, progress record keeping, and supervision of work given to children.
• A classroom teacher can also qualify to be a class teacher. As a class teacher they will additionally be responsible for class discipline, keeping class records, preparing class timetable, supervision, and co-ordinate with other administrators.
Minimum acceptable qualifications to be considered for the role
• Primary Teacher Certificate (P1), Diploma in Education or Bed in Primary option.
• For preschool Early Childhood Development Education certificate.
• They must be a Teacher Service Commission registered teach.
• They must be a Kenyan Citizen.
Minimum of 6 years of teaching experience after TSC certification.
Qualified teachers will receive accommodation with meals provided for them daily.