We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Principal information systems Auditor within Internal Audit division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Network and M-PESA Audits, the position holder will be responsible for leading, planning, executing and documenting Information System audits in the Network Domain in accordance with the internal audit plan as well as leading risk assessments for proactive risk identification, assurance and advisory.
- Assess the risks inherent in the company's systems and recommend measures to mitigate them;
- Participation in the overall development and delivery of the audit plan
- Conduct system audits to provide assurance on the adequacy of controls to mitigate and/or manage the technology risk to acceptable levels.
- Assess the effectiveness of control areas such application controls, information security, change & incident management, business continuity planning, capacity management, quality of service, data protection standards, logging techniques deployed etc.
- Providing independent assurance during system implementations / upgrade of systems.
- Prepare deliverables/reports for senior management that include insights into thematic issues, trends and best practices.
- Follow up audit recommendations and validate the implementation of resolution actions.
- Manage assignment level quality requirements in all audit work in conformance to internal policies and audit standards.
- Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT auditing/assurance preferably in technology-intensive organization (audit firm, telecom, financial services institution, utility, technology company).
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools
- Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, communication technologies, and assurance methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results
- Professional Qualifications in IT audit (such as CISA) or information technology service management frameworks (ITIL / COBIT) or similar certifications is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of the GSM environment would be an advantage.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from university in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.