Jamii Sacco is a Deposit Taking Sacco (DTS) registered under the Cooperative Societies Act Cap 490 (Amended 2004) of the laws of Kenya and licensed by SASRA.
The objectives for which the Society was established are to organize and promote the quality of life of the members by providing quality financial services.
VACANT POSITION DETAILS
The following position is vacant and the Sacco would like to fill:
Position: Principal Officer – Sales & Marketing
Grade - J-C5
Job Type: Contract – Three (3) Years renewable on performance
REF. JSS/HR- SM – C5/2021
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the job holder is to advise the SACCO on short and long term strategic issues that will secure the SACCO’s long term sustainability.
To develop and implement marketing and product strategies that will support the SACCO’s drive for business growth while underpinning its objectives of superior service increased brand equity, and sustainable profitability.
FUNCTIONS / KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
The Job holder is responsible for:
a) To plan, implement, co-ordinate and review the Sacco’s marketing strategies.
b) To lead in the creation of a Marketing Strategy for the SACCO in partnership with the CEO and Board of Directors and ensure that all key SACCO stakeholders are
engaged in this process.
c) To identify, explore and develop appropriate new business opportunities for the SACCO – in both income-generating and service provision areas – through networking, representing SACCO at events, marketing and research.
d) To lead on the design and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation procedures for all SACCO services.
e) To collate and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data to provide regular reports to management.
f) To keep up to date with trends and developments in monitoring and evaluation including Impact Assessment Measurement, Social Return on Investment etc.
g) To work with the Marketing team to analyze market needs and trends, and identify and deliver marketing strategies and initiatives.
h) To supervise external communications with consultancy teams in planning and implementing marketing of SACCO events and programs including authorized media releases and other activities. Promote the SACCO to members ,beneficiaries, local communities and partners
i) To monitor competitor activity and implement counter strategies on an ongoing basis.
j) To implement and manage the SACCO brand strategy in order to communicate a consistent and strong brand message and image to SACCO members, stakeholders and the broader public.
k) To ensure high level of Member service to ensure Member’s loyalty, satisfaction and retention.
l) To develop a growth strategy focused both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
m) To lead the design and implementation of a marketing strategy for the SACCO, encompassing traditional and digital channels, including the commissioning and management of suitable suppliers and other service providers.
n) To increase level of member awareness of the SACCO and positive association with the brand and adoption and compliance within the brand guidelines by
o) To regularly visit organizations and groups to evaluate their needs as they relate to day to day operations, member service and marketing.
p) To develop training materials, and to conduct product and service training programs to members.
q) In collaboration with the Head of Operations to regularly review and update existing member products and services that are market oriented
r) To identify localized marketing requirements in the defined geographical area complementing the centralized marketing efforts of the SACCO as a whole.
s) To develop an annual Marketing plan in conjunction with the CEO and Head of Operations which should detail the year’s activity to meet agreed SACCO objectives as per the Business plan and Strategic Management Plan.
t) To deliver all marketing activities within the approved budget
u) To analyze potential strategic partner relationships for product lines and services.
v) To ensure staff performance standards, KPI’s are established, signed and communicated to staff and ensure achieved targets.
w) To conduct retail marketing meetings as frequently as necessary
x) To establish, oversee and implement member compliance handling procedure and ensure prompt investigation, research and response to member
y) Any other duties as may be assigned by a Senior Officer.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
• Leads to overall attainment of the SACCO’s short and long term strategic goals with particular emphasis on the membership growth, quality service and patronage of SACCO products and services.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors of Commerce - Sales & Marketing option or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Diploma in Marketing from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Minimum experience of 3 years in sales, Marketing and branding at management level in a SACCO/ financial institution.
• Work experience in a Sacco/Financial institution will be an added advantage
• Membership of MSK or other recognized marketing professional body will be an added advantage.
• Dynamic, energetic individual with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a rapidly changing business environment
• Proven digital marketing experience
• Business acumen & passion for customer service
• Good understanding of traditional & emerging Marketing trends and changes
• Ability to think creatively & innovatively
• Good analytical skills to forecast & identify trends & challenges are necessary
• Demonstrates ability to close sales and grow clients/members base.
• Demonstrates knowledge, exposure and use of modern technology to propel growth of SACCO business in a dynamic world.
• Planning & Organizing
• Entrepreneurial Awareness
• Decisiveness and adaptability
OTHER REQUIREMENTS COMPLIANCE TO CHAPTER SIX OF THE KENYAN CONSTITUTION:
• Police clearance certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
• Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications with detailed CV indicating current position and remuneration, notable achievements, work experience, copy of National identification card, copies of academic and professional qualifications, testimonials, names of three (3) referees two (2) of whom must have supervised the candidate at some point, telephone contact, email address, should be addressed to the following:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Jamii Sacco Society Ltd,
P O Box 57929-00200
The envelope clearly marked with the reference number should be received on or before 23rd June, 2021 at 12.00 noon. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Jamii Sacco Society is an equal opportunity employer and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.