The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring all procurement activities such as supplying, procuring, and negotiating contracts with suppliers are cost-efficient, effective, and of high quality.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Do you want to work for a world-class company? Do you possess outstanding qualifications? Our company is the first growing SME looking to hire urgently the following position to be based in Nairobi: -
The Procurement Officer will be expected to work with our health, beauty, and wellness teams as well as our head office teams. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include
• Manage end-to-end supply chain process for pharmaceutical nutrition supplements required for resale purposes.
• Support in the development of processes to ensure compliance related to key supply chain requirements such as quality control, chain storage, and distribution.
• Provide technical advice about the drug procurement process, sourcing information, and reviewing large pharmaceutical orders placed by relevant pharmaceutical technologists to minimize inappropriate procurement.
• Demonstrate expertise in supplier credit contract negotiations and cost management.
• Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
• Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels.
• Lead in supplier’s selection and pre-qualification process when necessary.
• Conduct/ organize regular and ad hoc inspections of the company’s suppliers and manufacturers to safe guard the quality of our supplies.
• Maintaining records and files of all supply
• Any other task that may be assigned by the Director of Operations
Education & Experience
• A Diploma or Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• At least 5 years of proven experience as a procurement officer in the medical/ healthcare industry is desirable
• Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management with a valid procurement license
• Thorough understanding of supply and procurement techniques
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Aptitude in delivering required reports
• Computer literacy
Key skills & competencies
• Excellent communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.